+ We also went to Trader Joe's together for the first time. I love grocery shopping. It was awesome.
+ Vivian fell asleep on my shoulder first. I took the opportunity to put my feet up and read. Soon my eyelids were heavy and I fell asleep. Naps with snuggly baby are awesome.
+ Lentils and sausage and rainbow chard for dinner. Awesome.
*Awesome: in honor of my old teaching partner, who used this word to describe all sorts of things while teaching. Now it's a part of my lexicon and I can't get rid of it. Awesome.
What made your Sunday awesome?

13 comments:
A dinner date-just the two of us-in downtown Palo Alto and a good report from the babysitter when we returned!!
watching the boy, sick with his first cold, napping peacefully for hours in my mother-in-law's arms. and getting to go out to the movies - twice!
Oh, how fun!
J-did you & Camilo eat somewhere delicious? DTPA has changed so much since we lived there 2 years ago.
C-I'm so sorry Baby's sick...Phooey. But Grandmas make everything a little better, don't they? What movies did you see? V & I saw Juno on our date night on Sat.
Went to an inspiring Buddhist women's study meeting ('group therapy') and then Mimi and Isaac visited us for the day! And a 3 day weekend after vacation is a bonus, as well. Oh and food: had homemade meatloaf with bacon and creamy mushroom marsala sauce at our nearby fave Diner. WE must go there when you visit!
Holy cow, Sarah, that sounds like such an awesome day. Is that the diner we were going to go to the weekend Vivi arrived?
French toast, bacon, lots of coffee and the Sunday newspaper. California Avenue farmers market...fresh organic fennel and broccoli in our bag, good music and people watching...visit to the PA library..A long walk with a dear friend....we went for miles...tea in her cottage....and her joining us for a dinner of superb leftovers...
Hannah- the diner we went to Sunday is called Hallie's diner... the one we Were GOING to eat at is called Bubba's Dinerand is in San Anselmo (a bit of a trek- but all local and organice ingredients). cant wait til you guys visit our neck o the woods! <3 S
My awesome Sunday was having an early birthday dinner from my family before I actually have a dentist appointment doing the root canals on my birthday.
But the matter was that especially my older son, 6 1/2, understood that it was my birthday and let me picked any birthday dinner I wanted.
Having Grandma over for Sunday Dinner (made meatloaf, mashed potatoes & salad - yum!) and knowing that we didn't have to go to work on Monday!
We had dinner at The Cheesecake Factory-used a gift card & then went shopping at Z Gallery with another gift card-it was great!
1/2 day at the barn with a favourite horse; very proud that he didn't spook in the blustery weather and had a nice ride; rain, sun, wind, muck... glorious! :)
Oooh... I love hearing how people spend their Sundays! Horseback riding, farmers market, dinner guests...love, love, love it all.
I love the kitty buttons on Vivi's sweater! I didnt notice them until I zoomed in- is it handmade? So precious with her rosey cheeks.. just like Mama :0)
Post a Comment