Passion fruit is one of my all time favorite flavors. I'll take it, hands down, over chocolate any day. It is sweet and tart and rich all at once. Its taste exudes sitting on a tropical beach with warm sand sticking to your legs and the gentle crash of ocean waves lulling every last worry away.
Well, needless to say, Jen and I didn't get pedicures and there was no passion fruit treat enjoyed that day. I sent Jen a text message in the wee hours of August ninth that read something like this: "My water broke. Am in hospital. Won't be able to get together." She came to the hospital later that day to meet little Viv.
So, now that I've been managing to make dinner most nights (with Miss Viv entertained by watching my every move from her bouncer--it's like her own private cooking show, starring mom!), I took on a baking project on Monday morning in anticipation of Jen's visit later that day.
I whipped up a little of this passion fruit curd (like sunshine!):

3 comments:
Mmmm - Passion Fruit! Have you ever had a Passion Fruit Tapioca drink? You would love them - it was a favorite pregnancy treat of mine - yum! Love the Jane Austin action figure!
Amy, I haven't had that! I think I will save that tapioca drink experience to share with you! Thanks for the idea--I'm always looking for new ways to enjoy passion fruit!
what a delightful yellow color (but chocolate is my end all...)
Post a Comment