2.01.2008

Post Office {No. 1}



OK, people. It's time to stir things up a bit here at Benbo headquarters. I'm having a giveaway. That's right, it's been in the works for a few weeks now. One Benbo reader will receive a package in the mail with little goodies, handpicked by Viv and me. Here are the details:

What: A package, mailed the old fashioned way (USPS) with some little surprises just for you. There's a theme: Neapolitan, and that's all I'll say for now.

How: Leave a comment, any comment, on this post by Sunday, February 3 at 9:00 PM PST. Winner will be picked at random and announced on Monday morning! Package will be mailed to winner as soon as I get your address.

Who: Anyone can enter. You can be a friend, family member, stranger...it doesn't matter!

Why: As much as I love technology and the ease with which I can communicate because of it, I miss real snail mail. I was looking through some boxes of mail saved from my early years of college and reminisced about writing letters and sending care packages to friends who were scattered at colleges around the country. And I got all nostalgic for the way things used to be. Ahhhh, the good old days.

Also, Vivian and I like to have plans and activities. We've been collecting little goodies on our around town adventures. We look forward to going to our local downtown post office. I'm even going to take myself out for a hot chocolate at the local coffee shop afterwards.


Benbo. Makin' the post office cool again, one package at a time.

18 comments:

greta ott said...

oh how exciting! I love mail too. Do you promise to post the contents to the non-winners?
xo
greta

AmyK said...

PICK ME! LOL I too want to see the contents posted (assuming I don't win, of course). This is so much fun! Thanks H&V!

Anonymous said...

you're so cute! you should some sort of chain thing, where the next person sends something to someone else. :)

angie said...

you are filled with so much loveliness it is overflowing. love this idea!

hannah m said...

I will definitely post the contents, once the winner has her package! No problem!

Auntie Sarah said...

Oh I love it! How fun! I know whoever wins will be a lucky lady!! Cant wait to hear who is lucky :) have a great weekend Hannah Vivikins and Vince. We love you lots! S and R

Anonymous said...

You are a terrific mom and still full of great ideas!!! Yes, mail in the mailbox is a great thing, surprises and goody boxes.....fun for the sender and the recipient!!! This just could start a new trend.....

Carrie said...

this is fun! sign me up!

Camilo said...

What a neat idea. Hope the contents are male friendly :) Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm a regular on yours!

Anonymous said...

yay! what fun! :) packages in the mail are the best. i'm now quite inspired to mail something silly to my sister (back home in toronto, sick with the flu, snowed in at her university)... this should be a good weekend project. thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I'm so glad you're keeping this blog updated. It's so sweet to hear about everything that's going on with you and your new addition!

Anonymous said...

I love this idea & I too love good old fashioned snail mail!! Before kids I loved standing in the card isle selecting special cards to send to friends and family-just because-Unfortunatly I am lucky if I get the time (or remember) to call or e-mail now! Thanks for the reminder-perhaps I will head to the Hallmark Store this weekend!

Anonymous said...

You inspire me, Hannah...your creativity, warmth and love overflow from you and spill onto those whose lives you touch - including mine! xoxo Susan

Anonymous said...

You are filled with creative, sweet ideas. I plan to send you snail mail as often as possible and have started with my own daughters. Wishing you laughter, joy and sunshine now and always.

Anonymous said...

Neopolitan! When I was growing up the biggest treat I could get for dessert was when my mom pulled out the carton of Neopolitan ice cream. And oh, the delicious decision of which flavor to taste first. It would be so wrong to scoop thru all three, so I would agonize and eventually (always) choose strawberry. But chocolate, oh chocolate - how i loved you too! So to you, Hannah, and little Miss Vivi, and your deliciously wonderful ideas - a lifetime of picking your favorite scoops, and many thanks for this sweet indulgence -- Neopolitan!! xx Mari Jo

mama said...

My dear friend and neighbor Joan had encouraged me to come out of the closet and make myself known! I just want to say that I think you are a fabulous lady and your precious Vivian is darling. I'm a regular Benbo reader and I just love your writing. Thanks for opening up your blog to people like me...a friend of a friend....
Jennifer

Michele said...

Oooh! A giveaway I love it!

I was looking through some old letters and things and was amazed to remember how often friends and I exchanged actual letters before email came around!

Laura and the family said...

I think it is something related to Valentine's yet has Neapolitan colors on it. :-) Because getting a package is like filled with love. (That's my wildest guess)