1.28.2008

A Week's Look at a Morning Ritual

I love a morning ritual. And now that I don't have the mad scramble to get up, get dressed and commute to work, I am loving my morning ritual even more. It is such a sweet time of day with Miss Viv.

After Vivian eats (she gets dibs on eating first, of course!), she hangs out in her bouncer and we chat in the kitchen while I get my coffee going, cook my oatmeal in the microwave, empty the dishwasher (I try and beat my 2 minute oatmeal) and then top my oatmeal. A look into my breakfast brain...how many ways can a girl come up with to top some quick oats?




Weekend Oatmeal--I don't have the patience to make steel cut oats, but will gladly eat them if husband makes 'em:

And then I move Viv to her playmat in the living room and while we play I sip on my coffee, savor my oatmeal and am so thankful for this beautiful life.

What's your morning ritual?

6 comments:

AmyK said...

We share a love of the oats and I am salivating, especially at the pan fried - I need to know more about this so I can cook some up! Yummy! BTW, roasted my heart out yesterday and it was delicious - yams, sweet potatoes, zuchini, red onion, broccoli & cauliflower.

Anonymous said...

Your morning ritual sounds so peaceful! When I work I try to get out the door as fast as possible without getting slobber on me...on my days off Olivia is up sooo early she climbs into bed with me & soon whispers "can I watch something?" We cuddle for awhile and then she asks "can I have breakfast?" and YES-she has breakfast in my bed!! hee hee!! I never really thought about our ritual-thanks for the blog!

Michele said...

I too waht to know about the pan fried version, looks so tasty! I am roasting some brussel sprouts this week after you saying how delicious they turn out!

angie said...

steel oats are my favorite! i loved this post - i too am curious about the pan fried version!

hannah m said...

Pan Fried Oats (inspired by a food blog I read, but I can't remember which one):
Cook up your oatmeal (I make quick oats in the microwave) and let it cool for 10-15 minutes. This way it'll stay in one piece when you plop it out into a heated pan with a little melted butter. Turn when golden to "fry" other side. I like it served with a little maple syrup and berries, like a pancake.

Mindy and Tyler said...

The SJ Mercury News had a big section on oatmeal today. I think you many varieties look better than any they featured. Yum!