+ snuggled with Perez and Pickard, her two stuffed squirrels that hang out on her hospital bed. At home, two more squirrels await Vivian's return: Rivoli resides in the office's book basket and M.J. lives in the yellow pot by the yellow chair in the living room. Each of her squirrels is named for the person who gave it to her.

+ had a sponge bath in which her wonderful nurse and I took off gobs of tape and tape residue. At the end, Vivian smelled of oranges (from the sticky-stuff-taker-offer) and Timotei (from Johnson's Head to Toe Body Wash). Delish! She astounded us with her patience and good humor. She is so mellow and delightful. Even when getting tape pulled off her sweet baby skin.
+ read some favorite books. She is such a keen observer. She just loves to look at pictures and art.

Vivian likes to help me turn the pages.Here we are, reading "The No-No Bird". It's Viv's favorite poem in a poetry book with fantastic art. My favorite thing is how her hand is resting on her knee. For a few days in a row earlier this month she would smile every time I opened up the book and got to "The No-No Bird" page. I guess she's moved on. Clearly I haven't. I love that no-no bird.

2 comments:
"The No-No-Bird" may not bring smiles to Vivi anymore, but it sure does make me smile watching you read to your sweet, sweet girl!
Gotta love the names of Vivian's squirrels!! hee hee
Post a Comment