12.31.2007

Car Games

Vince and I haven't spent so much time together since...our honeymoon, probably? And though I wish the circumstances of this time together were different, I do enjoy seeing my striking husband at all hours of the day and night. The drive to the hospital is no more than 20 minutes. But lately we've been playing some fun games to pass the repetitive back and forth. Our favorites include:

+ Guess the Temperature
Using the car's temperature gauge, guess what the temperature will be...when we get on the freeway, get off the freeway, pull into the driveway, etc. It got as low as 39 degrees. Back up to 44 by the time we got home.

+ Solo Hablamos Espanol
This morning we only spoke Spanish on the way to the hospital. Vince compensated his limited vocabulary with sound effects a la Sabado Gigante. That was entertaining. I compensated my limited vocabulary with more words. Which made it extra difficult to understand what I was saying.

+ Top Three Character Traits
Vince and I boiled down each other's personalities to three adjectives. That was hard. I chose the words pragmatic, hilarious, creative for Vince. He chose sweet, thoughtful, nurturing for me. But he also toyed around with motherly (ick--that conjures up images of mom jeans) and spiritual (hmmmm, interesting). This was a fun game, but it was hard.

Any other game ideas?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are always having to play "I Spy" in the car. We also play "Name that Tune" but Olivia can't hummm so she would rather play more "I Spy".

Emily K said...

Shuja and I like to play "categories." It's not complicated. One person picks a category (say, types of trees or famous museums) and the other has to name 10 examples of that category (or 5. or 25, depending on the car ride length!)

Emily K said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennie said...

Gordon and I have had really wonderful moments singing and laughing hilariously at each other in the car. We choose cheezy tunes that we both know the words to and try to harmonize together. Only works if one person can sing on tune or call it out when the other person is not!!!