Ironically, as I try to read Eat Pray Love when Vivian sleeps, the author is in India, in an ashram practicing her meditation. Trying to quiet her mind so as to reach "divine communion." I suppose if she finds mindfulness difficult in an ashram in India, I shouldn't be so surprised to find it difficult in a busy hospital room.
Vivian smiled last night. And this morning. Happy smile after smile. The first in a week. That was the medicine that Vince and I needed. She's got a little infection--nothing serious, I'm told--but it may keep us here a little longer than we had hoped. I am growing tired. Tired of this hospital air that is stuffy and the long days in a place that could never replicate home. I am thankful, I am blessed, but I am just so very tired. Sweet Dreams.
In between smiles--silly girl!

2 comments:
Hang in there my sweet Hannah! I am sure your days must be very long but I promise you'll be home before you know it, enjoying smiles in Vivi's room once again!
we're thinking of you!
xo, g and the ott gang
Post a Comment