12.04.2007

Lunch

Maggie Mason, well-known in the blogging world, wrote the book No One Cares What You Had For Lunch: 100 Ideas For Your Blog. I haven't read it, but supposedly it's filled with ideas to make my blog more interesting. You know, so that I'll have readership beyond my dear mom. (I've read what people write based on her ideas. She really does give great tips that make for interesting reading!)

Well, I beg to differ; I do kinda care what you had for lunch. One of the reasons I love reading blogs is that I get a glimpse into how others live. It's the little details of life that make it beautiful. And let's face it, eating is a big part of life.

Yesterday for lunch I ate
+ leftover white bean sausage soup (Vince & I made it for Souper Sunday--a tradition I've been trying to kickstart for many a winter--maybe it'll stick this time. Yummmm, soup.)
+ a few cheese crackers, kinda stale
+ 2 of my favorite winter fruits, in miniature, which you must go buy at Trader Joe's today: They're cute! Colorful! Delightful! Delicious! New York Empire Apples and D'anjou Baby Red Pears.
+ glass of Pellegrino Sparkling Water
+ and yes, that's Viv's lunch warming in the background. She gets dibs on eating first, of course!

What did/will you eat for lunch today? Really, I want to know!

3 comments:

Mindy and Tyler said...

I'm with you. I love reading about the details of my friends' lives and learning more about them. I enjoy an entertaining blog, but I don't want people telling me it's not ok to write about these little details. The soup looks delicious.

Carrie said...

I have had about 18 snacks and zero meals today. You might like this: One of my favorite bloggers, who is a super-intense fitness fanatic and borderline orthorexic, is pleasantly obsessive about photographing her perfectly balanced meals.

hannah m said...

I hope I didn't sound like I was dissing Maggie Mason. I love her blog. I'm sure this blog could benefit from some of her writing ideas.
I do acknowledge that I'm a little more food obsessed than the average girl. I mean, I ask Vince EVERY night what he ate for lunch at work. 'Cause I really want to know. That's probably a little strange. I do ask him how his day was, by the way, but never without asking what was for lunch,too.