During rounds this morning, the doctors made it sound like we'd be going home Wednesday...but after they left our room I saw them chatting in the hallway. A few moments later they came back in and said "Actually, how do you feel about taking Vivian home today? We think she'll feed better if she's with you all the time." (Duh!)
Hot Diggety Dog! Yes, please, we'd like to take her home! Yes, we'd love to ring in the new year with babe in arms (sans hospital!).
And so here we are. I feel a little like I did as a teacher returning to my classroom after a break of any kind--I'd always forget for a little while how to move and think and act in that space I knew so well. And then by lunch recess, I would have forgotten I was ever on vacation. So, I suspect that by the time 2008 rolls in tonight, we will be getting our groove back, the hospital a distant memory.
Vivian is snuggled on my shoulder as I type this one-handed. Her left hand is resting on my neck. She is breathing effortlessly. Content and full of peace.
We are home.


8 comments:
Wow!!! :) That is wonderful. Happy New Year!
What fabulous news!! xo Susan
Amazing - congratulations!!!
Yeah!! I am amazed at Vivian's recovery. What an amazing little girl!! Congratulations!!
I am so happy to hear Miss Vivi is at home with you where she belongs! Lots of love!
Yay, Vivian! I am glad you are home! I know my congrats is a bit late, forgive me. I'm just now catching up on all your news and loving that it's so full of great changes - third floor, car games, and now home! How wonderful. Happy New Year!
That's wonderful that you could all be together at home to start the New Year. Glad to hear that Viv is doing well.
Hi!
Thank you for the encouraging words today. This is such a rollercoaster ride.
I can tell Moriah and Vivian are going to be great friends - they already share many of the same outfits. =) Please do add us to your list. You have a great website!
Much love,
Victoria Nelson
Post a Comment