10.06.2007

Timotei

Remember in junior high, girls, when the smell of your shampoo was paramount to your existence? I went through cycles of obsession with Finesse, Pantene and one that smelled like watermelon, but I've forgotten the name of. It was like part of my wardrobe, to have hair that smelled of a very distinct brand of shampoo and conditioner. I usually hadn't finished one brand before I had my heart set on a new one.

Well, Vivian's Head to Toe Baby Wash has reeked of familiarity since day one. And a few weeks ago I figured it out: it smells like Timotei, a shampoo brand that I couldn't get enough of in seventh grade. The commercial for Timotei featured a long, blond haired girl on a white horse in a misty meadow, and is etched in my mind. Sadly, you can't find this Swedish shampoo in the States anymore, but on many visits to Boots Pharmacy in England, you could find me sniffing the Timotei in the shampoo aisle. For now, bath days with Vivian will provide this little olfactory trip down memory lane.

4 comments:

angie said...

what a sweet girl! love the thought of sweet smelling bubbles...i feel inspired

Carrie said...

Boots!!! Did you study abroad?

Jennie said...

TIMOTEI! I can hear the distinct 3 syllable/2 note harmony: tim-o-teieieiei. I couldn't relate to the blond, but certainly was captured by the magical (green?) bottle myself. What a trip down memory lane. Love reading your messages Hannah! Thinking of you all the time. Bet the scent on you baby's head is even more magical.

AmyK said...

With the advent of DVR's our little ones probably won't remember commercials like Tomotei the way we do :(