10.15.2007

Te Amo, Bebé


I love you once
I love you twice
I love you more than beans and rice.
I love you more than moon or sun
Te amo, bebé, little one.

Te Amo, Bebé, Little One, by Lisa Wheeler, is an absolute joy to read. It was a gift from a family friend who has known me since I was a twinkle in my mom's eye. The gift giver also happens to be a librarian and has a knack for picking the best books. Reading this story to Vivian has become a nearly daily activity, and I say the little poem when she's on the changing table. Given that I love all things Mexican, and would happily eat beans and rice every day, this is the perfect book for Vivian and me. It makes me smile.

4 comments:

angie said...

i love the new look - and the book!

AmyK said...

I am in great need of some interesting children's books so I will be picking this up real soon! I love that you love all things Mexican!

Unknown said...

Another great book is Love You Forever by Robert Munsch written way back in 1945. It is our favorite gift to give as a new baby gift. I have been reading it to all of my kids for 20 years and they never get too tired of hearing it. They like it so much that I am sure they will read it to their children as well.

Auntie Sarah said...

love LOVE it! te amo!