I admit, I am watching way more TV than I should be. Home & Garden Television is on quietly for a good portion of the day. During nighttime feedings, it's all about Cosby Show and Full House reruns. I've tried cutting back, but here's the thing: when Vivian's sleeping in my arms and it's just the two of us, a few minutes of peace go by, and then the worry and what-ifs creep into my head. Within a few minutes, my peaceful moment has turned to a worry fest, complete with that sick to my stomach feeling. If HGTV is on quietly, and I feel the worry lurking, I can look up at the TV and be distracted by how to make a handmade headboard or how to choose tile for a new kitchen. Admittedly awful 1980's sitcom reruns offer a minor problem and happy solution in less than thirty minutes. It's my coping mechanism. Don't worry, Vivian and I still have lots of conversations, take walks, enjoy visitors and sing songs. But with a baby who still spends most of her time sleeping, this mom needs a little distraction.
In the midst of all this TV watching I have become mildly obsessed with a song that is played in a commercial. I found myself singing it to Vivian all the time, and the funny thing is I didn't even know what the commercial was for until last week. Turns out it's an Old Navy commercial. For ugly sweaters, no less. But this song by Ingrid Michaelson is sweet as sweet can be. I think you'll enjoy it. So, here's a video of Ingrid singing on the Carson Daly Show. I dare you to not find yourself humming it while folding laundry today.
(Old Navy, incidentally, is having a crazy fall sale-- on my first shopping outing in months, I got a whole bunch of fall [mommy-friendly] shirts for as little as $3.97! And cute stuff for Vivi, too! Get thee to an Old Navy today, people!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
What a lovely song!
I wish I could be there for you Hannah. Miss you.
hey
I sing that song constantly too.
thanks for the artist and song title. I have been meaning to google it.
I love the song and Dale thinks she's hot :) BTW, I love your new theme!
I've totally been obsessed with that song too!! Last week when that commercial was on, Shuja said "You know, I actually really like this song. How weird that it's on a commerial for these ugly sweaters..." ha! So we looked her up and I have the lovely little number on my ipod now. =)
I love that song. I am getting it for my ipod. About TV, maybe you should invest in TIVO. I love recording Devine Design on the home decorating channel and extreme makeover home edition and that show about the cake bakers in Baltimore who make outrageous cakes. And of course the Office. Since we have so many kids we actually have two TIVO's. Best thing since movies came out on video tape in the early eighties.
okay-I have placed a box of Kleenex next to the computer for when I read your blogs. Everytime there are tears running down my cheeks- your writing is great!! It reminds me of when I would run over to your class and tell you pregnancy stories or stories of Olivia starting school and we would both get tears in our eyes. Thanks for the story and I will have to look out for the commercial. But Tivo is an amazing toy! (I never watch commercials anymore!)
this song is amazing. i've listened to it 20 times today. just about the sweetest thing i've ever heard!
-caroline
Post a Comment