Yesterday Vivian and I enjoyed a blissful day at home. Blissful because we woke up in our own bed, we watched the sunrise behind our favorite backyard tree, we spent time with my parents, and we had a squirrel themed day.
Have you noticed I mention squirrels a lot? I've become mildly obsessed with the antics of our backyard squirrels. From the couch in our living room, we look out onto our backyard, and our big window provides the perfect view for squirrel watching. They run and chase along the back fence and up and down the tree. They squeak and squawk. This summer we watched them build a new nest with bright green leaves. And now, as the leaves change color, they continue to entertain.

For our day of the squirrel...
+ Vivian wore her adorable green squirrel outfit (thanks, A, D & E!). Do you see it there?

+ We learned to say squirrel in Spanish: la ardilla. ¡Que bueno! ¡Que divertido!
+ We sat in the backyard looking for squirrels with my parents. My parents practiced their squirrel sounds in an effort to attract our little furry friends. Vivian and I got a kick out of this. Quite funny.

Do you want to know what a squirrel sounds like? Click here.
+ We took photos of one of our squirrel friends.



+ We collected acorns on our walk.
What are the squirrels up to where you are?

5 comments:
the thought of steve and laura making squirrel sounds is a happy thought indeed! what sound does a squirrel make, though?
Good question, Ang. I actually didn't know that they made sounds til my fascination began earlier this year.
Go here to hear a recording:
http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals/mammals/squirrel.html
Oh, well that didn't work. Blog post amended to add squirrel sound.
kind of surprisingly monkey like! i can't wait to let my boys listen!
I love your obsessions! This is such a Hannah thing! Vivian is so lucky!
Post a Comment