9.19.2007

TMI--Too Much Information

Thank you for your kind words and positive thoughts--I'm feeling much better this week. And now, for something lighter...


Beware: I'm about to share a little too much, but any woman who has pumped breastmilk may appreciate this little ditty!

One early morning (5 AM, to be exact) a couple of weeks ago, I snuggled a just-fed Vivian into her Moses basket at my feet in the living room. I hooked myself up to my hospital-grade pump to do my duty before we went back to bed. Thankfully, my friend had given me something to wear that allows me to pump hands-free (Thanks, JL!). So, I sat in my rocker, feeling like a cow as I pumped milk for my dear daughter. I had the TV on quietly (gotta love those Cosby Show reruns!) and put my feet up on the ottoman to get more comfortable.

Next thing I know, I glanced at the time on my cell phone, only to realize a full hour had passed since I had started pumping! I had been hooked up to a breast pump at full throttle for an hour! A FULL HOUR, PEOPLE! (And for those not in the know, a normal pumping session lasts about 15-20 minutes!)

I quickly unhooked myself, laughing a little. But by the time I got back to bed, I thought this was so funny that I had to wake Vince up to tell him what had happened.

I still only pumped about an ounce of milk for Vivian, but I like to think that my restful state made that some of the finest, high quality breastmilk Miss Vivian has ever known.

4 comments:

Jennifer Knott Lavagnino said...

Oh my goodness darling...a whole hour...are you sore?

Love you.

Oh, by the way, Hazelnut coffee rocks. (HaHa!)

hannah m said...

JL, You do make the best hazelnut coffee! Yum!

Michele said...

An hour!! Omg!! That does sound like it could be a little on the painful side.

kyouell said...

Wow!

If you like coffee have you tried Teeccino? It's tea (& carob & a few other things -- nothing weird) that tastes like coffee but has zero caffeine. I've bought it from them online & at our local Whole Foods. Nummy!