
Today was Vivian's due date. So, even though she's now five weeks old, her corrected age as of today is zero. It's hard to wrap my head around that, given that I've seen her grow and change so much. But developmentally, life begins today.
According to Dr. Sears' "Infant Development at a Glance", October may bring a smile (though I still count her fleeting smiles at this stage as real--she's practicing, right?), and November may find Vivian holding and shaking a rattle (Vince, get your guitar ready--your rhythm section is on its way) and in December we might find our daughter laughing hilariously (can't wait for Vince and Vivi to be laughing together--Vince has the best laugh I know; I'm sure our daughter will follow suit).
I once had a piece of paper in my classroom that said "Childhood is a journey, not a race." It was a necessary reminder in the fast paced reality of a primary classroom in this day and age. Now, I admit that I enjoy a NASCAR race with Vince from time to time, but when it comes to children, it's all about the journey. I am so happy to be going on this journey with you, Vivian.

3 comments:
Congratulations!
I'm one of those people that has no trouble living in the moment. The ying-to-my-yang (or is it the other way around?) is a planner that has trouble remembering that life is a journey, not just a destination.
On the other hand, without him what would we do for retirement? :-D
i love your words about a journey - it is, isn't
I can't wait 'til I can make her smile, laugh and make her make that curious face. Until then, I would settle for getting her to stop crying while I warm up her bottle!
Post a Comment