Vivian's One Month Photo
On Sunday our family celebrated two things: Vivian's one month birthday, and my 12 year "dating" anniversary with Vince. Yes, Vince and I have been together FOREVER. After 10 years of dating by the time we got married, we just couldn't let September 9th go by without some small acknowledgment , so now we have a "dating" anniversary and a wedding anniversary.
On Sunday our family celebrated two things: Vivian's one month birthday, and my 12 year "dating" anniversary with Vince. Yes, Vince and I have been together FOREVER. After 10 years of dating by the time we got married, we just couldn't let September 9th go by without some small acknowledgment , so now we have a "dating" anniversary and a wedding anniversary.

First, Vivian and I set the coffee table with real table settings--we're talking metal silverware (not plastic), cloth napkins (I figure I'm doing a load of laundry nearly everyday anyway) and placemats for real plates (not paper). We even lit tealights for ambiance. Oh, yes we did!
Meanwhile, Vince was cooking away, both in the kitchen and outside on the grill. Here's what was on his delicious menu:
+ 2003 Arista Zinfandel (Best wine I've ever had. Discovered on a girls' trip to Guerneville a couple of years ago. Sorry, it's sold out. Yes, mommy had a small celebratory glass. And, yes, it hit the spot!)

+ Gnocchi Dodici
12 pesto stuffed gnocchi (1 for each year we've known each other--awww--I know!) in olive oil, garlic and chili flakes

+ Grilled Filet Mignon with Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Served with Vince's homemade sauce (onions, wine, herbs, simmered down to perfection)
+ Peppermint Jo-Jo's Mini Cheesecake from Trader Joe's
A delicious celebration, indeed. Made all the better with Miss Vivian in the crook of my arm.



4 comments:
could you guys be any cuter!!
Thank you for sharing your celebration! My mouth is watering...I'm so glad Vince got the cooking gene!
Nothing is more heartwarming than seeing your kids happy. The three of you make the sweetest little family.
Vivi is so lucky to have you both.
Congrats and love from Granny Lorraine!
Dinner looks so tasty! You 3 are so darn cute!
Sounds nummy!
My hubby & I were together for 10 years before we got married too. Weird coincidences.
Post a Comment