11.08.2012

08.

Oh, there are days that I want to toss the toys that constantly clutter our little home.  They are dumped, piled, dropped, thrown, hoarded and scattered as my kids play with them. 

Last week I was thinking about when Vivian was Luke's age - I longed for this kind of mess.  While I swam in so many unknowns about my daughter's future, I would have loved to be tripping over books that she walked around dropping as she said "Buh!  Buh!"

So now I look at this mess with new eyes.  It's a beautiful mess.  A mess I treasure and am grateful to my core for.

2 comments:

Susannah said...

what a post- tearing up here in oakland.

wise words, mama. thank you for that today.

Kristi said...

Ahhh... I so remember all those feelings as I went through so many firsts with Preston that were not experienced with Gracie. All that experience with our girls gives us a perspective that is invaluable as we parent our boys. (Granted, there are days when it's harder to see through the eyes of the experiences and longings of yesterday and you just want a clean floor!!!)
I am getting reminders of all of that daily with Gavin... for instance, the cabinets that he is constantly emptying. With Gracie, we had to teach her to open the door and pull things out. With Preston and now Gavin, I was/am constantly behind them cleaning up!