One day while we were looking at her world map, I told Vivian I'd take her to England when she gets older.
It was a simple little comment that I thought would get lost in the neverending banter in our house.
Now it is her very, very, very favorite thing to talk about.
"Talk to me about England, Mom!"
(Oh, yes, she's also taken to calling me mom these days.)
So we
talk about London, tea and scones, a ploughman's lunch (cheese and
Branston pickle), taking the train to Cornwall, the Lakes District and
Bath (she thinks the name of that town is hysterical), going to the Tate Modern and walking through beautiful green parks.
I didn't intend for this to become such a hot topic.
But you know what?
It's become one of my very favorite things to talk about.
I love that my daughter lives to dream and plan and be excited about all there is to do in life.
She really is the perfect kid for me.

5 comments:
She is always putting a smile on my face =)
Thank you for sharing this, Hannah.
xo,
Vic
Vivian is one cool lady just like her Mom. Love her.
I second that, Jennifer!
This is such a fun story and special insight into Viv. How creative and remarkable you both are! And I keep thinking about your "Thing About Being an Adult" post. Amen to that. Such a great point.
*Sigh*
Don't you love how kids will grab onto something you think is a forgettable statement?!
I just love her... and you... and can't wait for the day that you actually get to take her to England.
Post a Comment