7.13.2011

We're There

The other night I had this sudden memory of a long ago blog post where I described a vision/dream I'd had of Vivian as a three year old snuggled into me as we sat in an cozy chair.  It was more than just a dream - it was a feeling, it had energy.

Vivian was just over a year old and I had so many worries on my mind and heart about what the future held.  That clear vision of Vivian was a gift that gave me a glimmer of excitement about our future in a time when I didn't allow myself to think or dream about the future much.

And now we're there.  We're here.  That long ago dream is what we're living.  That feeling and energy is our life. 

And I am so very thankful for all of it.

4 comments:

Calyn said...

I don't think I have introduced myself yet. I look at your blog occasionally. My daughter Laynie has CHARGE syndrome. I loved this post. I feel the same way you did a long time ago. I have no clue what her future holds for Laynie, but I have very big dreams for her. Thanks for sharing. Your post gives me hope:)

Kristi said...

I absolutely love this post, Hannah!

Katie W said...

Love it and I bet Miss Viv is reading to you! ;)

Anonymous said...

I have to say your post perfectly captures the hope and intuition that mothers feel - if we stop long enough to let ourselves think. Thank you Hannah.