6.23.2011

Luke {Month 2}

Luke,
You are two months old today. You weigh 11 lbs, 7 oz and are 23.5" long.
Some things I want to remember about you:
I still call you Sweetness, because that's what you are to me. 
 
You are so smiley and I can't get enough of it.  This morning when I got you up from bed you greeted me with the happiest grin.  It was a great way to start the day.

You enjoy looking around during tummy time and about half the time you roll over to your side or back.  
Your sister adores you.  Seriously, she loves you so much and the feeling is mutual.  She asks about you first thing in the morning, tells me what you need when you cry, asks to hold you and can often be found singing to you (your favorite these days is "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" but you still love "Hey Lukey Luke").
Last week you moved to the crib in your room now (sigh).  You needed more space to Houdini out of your swaddles and turn 90 degrees while you sleep.  (Seriously, how do you do that?)  But often after I feed you in the early morning I bring you back to bed with Daddy and me.  I like the idea of you waking up between the two people who love you most in this world (it was one of my favorite rituals with Vivian, too).

You wake up every two to four hours at night to eat. You eat efficiently, let me swaddle you back up and are right back to sleep.  (Thank you, sweet boy.)  I lovelovelove feeding you at night.  Just the two of us on the couch, the tv on quietly to keep me awake as you contentedly feed away.  They are some of my sweetest and most treasured moments as your mom.

8 comments:

AmyK said...

So beautiful. I cannot believe Luke is 2 months already?! And I cannot believe how much he has changed, I need to see him soon! xoxoxo

Auntie Sarah said...

happy 2 months Lukey! you are so big and strong! we Love you so much. hope to see you very soon! Auntie Sarah and Tio Tato

Susannah said...

i adore him. he is so cute!

and i love how viv loves him!

Erin L said...

You are such a good Mama. You have transitioned into a mother of two so beautifully.

brandonsmom said...

precious! happy 2 months, luke!

aka-mama said...

Little Luke looks like such a big baby now! I'm hoping to get my hands on him soon...could eat those little toes! Love that Miss Viv is adjusting well to her big sister roll and loving on Luke! (reminds me of another big sis I know!)

Kristi said...

How is it possible that Luke is two months old?!
The pics are all so sweet! I especially love that first one and can't get over how big he looks and the one where he is partially unswaddled... the bewildered expression on his face is too cute!
Such a sweet, handsome baby boy!
And, as always, I love the pics of Viv and Luke together! :-)

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

He's so adorable, Hannah! Hard to believe he is two months old already!