3.28.2011

My Sidekick

Vivian has been my ever-faithful sidekick for nearly four years and I'm a little wistful that we're nearing the end of this era.  (Which is not at all a comment on how much love we have for sweet baby brother - and how joyfully we anticipate the new era awaiting us.) 

I enjoy this girl so much - she is funny and feisty and friendly.  Her extroverted self pushes me outside my introverted comfort zone on a daily basis.  She makes mundane tasks like grocery shopping fun.  Lately, no matter whether she's being sweet or whiny, I just want to bottle her up.  I am fiercely savoring our moments together in these last weeks with life as we know it. 

Today I bottled up this moment at the park (in sunshine!): Viv flitted like a butterfly from the swings, to the curly slide to the fast slide to the rocking horse, all the while saying hello to other kids, falling in the sand, (whining), getting up again and asking if we can bring a picnic next time. 

5 comments:

brandonsmom said...

yes! bottle up those moments!! right before kira came, i couldn't hold brandon tight enough every day. things will be very different (in a good way, of course) but still different. enjoy the end of the viv era, and i'm so excited for the viv+boy era! :)

Susannah said...

she is just beautiful inside & out in this photo.

and i know exactly what you mean about this bittersweet season.

Unknown said...

shes getting big shes gorgous here love u

Anonymous said...

She is so lovely!

Kristi said...

Tears...
- Because Miss Viv is so beautiful and grown-up in this picture that it took my breath away.
- Because your words bring back so many memories of how I was feeling at the end of my pregnancy with P. The joy not overshadowed by the bittersweet, by any means, but still bittersweet.

And, yes... a picnic is a great idea, Viv! :-)