Miss Walkerton is Viv's latest nickname. Today we walked down the street to our neighborhood school's kindergarten playground which is quiet and shady in the post-nap afterschool hours. Lovely. Viv stopped to admire dandelions, pig lawn decorations and say "Hi" to passers-by.
When we finally made it to the play structure she proclaimed "I looooove these stairs, Mama" as I helped her step. She requested my help to walk across the bridge, which of course led to more stairs and the tall twirly slide - at which point she always said "Wait for mama" so I can climb up behind her and weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee go down the slide together to begin the whole process again.
We came home covered in dirt and tanbark, sticky from sunshine and sunscreen - all signs of a good adventure enjoyed, right?
6.03.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
She looks like such a big girl here! I love Miss Walkerton!
Such a cute story! Just loved reaading about Miss Walkerton's adventure!
Awesome adventure Miss Viv! She is doing sooooo great!
When I read your blog I always have to say "Be still my heart"! I love reading about your adventures with Ms. Viv. You two are way too cute!
Love, from Wisconsin
Miss Walkerton... so cute! :-)
There is something so satisfying and joy-filling about playing until you are dirty, sweaty and sunscreen-sticky, isn't there?!
Am loving "Joy in June!"
Oh... and Miss Walkerton is quite the Miss Talkerton! I love reading about her words! :-)
Post a Comment