The past two weeks, in a nutshell:
First, Auntie Jen (my dear friend who lives in Hawaii) stayed with us for an entire week of playing, cooking, baking, eating, talking and rolling down hills at the Water Temple. So fun!
Last Friday, Viv sported a lowgrade fever for a day. Boo! But then it went away and she seemed better.
On Sunday, we went to our neighborhood farm for its Earth Day celebration and hung out with baby goats, pigs, ducks and bunnies.
Monday afternoon while Viv napped I came down with a fever and sore throat. Boo!
Tuesday I felt better.
But Wednesday morning, bright and early, I noticed the spots: Hand, Foot and Mouth Virus. It's been going around, but are you kidding with me? So I guess I'm not better. Sequestered.
Thursday: sequestered, but enjoyed the Spring day at home with Viv who was a little bottle of joy.
Last night at 1:30AM I woke up with terrible, scary tummy pain and I felt like I couldn't breathe. Vince was soon on phone with 911 and our neighborhood firefighters were promptly in our tiny bathroom giving me oxygen and asking me questions - cozy! Ambulance ride to the ER while Vince called my parents to come stay with sleeping Viv. Gastritis? Gall Bladder? Not totally clear, but I left the ER a few hours later (in pjs, no bra, no shoes: very very pretty, can't you just picture it?) (Stop that, don't picture it!), thankful it wasn't worse (I really thought I might be having a heart attack in the thick of it - scary). Slept for a couple of hours at home.
Today, mid-morning, I had Vivian's meeting for transitioning to the school district - very positive beginning to the IEP process. My dearest parents play with Viv all day (remember, they had been up all night, too) so I could rest after that. Viv napped for three hours!!! (Hence the blog post.) I am feeling back to normal, just worn out.
Many fun moments, some ick moments, a few what the what? moments. Pardon me if I wonder - what's next?
Hoping to be back in this space more regularly with some lovely little moments of the healthy, sunshine-y and very ordinary variety.
4.23.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



12 comments:
What a scare you had, Hannah! I'm glad you're better now, and hope you have no more surprises or illnesses for the foreseeable future! xoxo
Wow, hate those viruses! Great to hear you're better. Viv looks cute in her outfits. And thanks for the congrats :)
Goodness gracious what a whirlwind in the last two weeks! That picture of Viv is beautiful!
Hoping that you can be back in this space more regularly with some lovely little moments of the healthy, sunshine-y and very ordinary variety :O)
Kim
Oh how scary!! Hope you are feeling better dear friend!
Wow that is scarey for you!! I just pictured those, "I didn't know I was pregnant shows" LOL!
But I am glad you are ok and Viv and you all got to enjoy a visit from a great friend.
oh my goodness my friend. i really hope things go back to normal too... im so sorry you had to go thru that!
hoping u get some rest.
and of course u can count on me to be praying for you all.
love,
V
How scary! Very glad you're okay -- middle-of-the-night calls to 911 and ambulance trips to the ER are never fun.
Here's hoping everything gets back to nice and normal for your family soon.
Yikes! How scary! 911 calls are no fun! I hope you are feeling better and little rested...and i hope your weekend was a little quieter than last week!
Okay... since we've discussed the "ick" already and, therefore, I am not minimizing it... I have to start out with the super wonderful stuff! LOVE... so very much... the pic of Vivian standing with the wind blowing. LOVE IT.
And, I am so happy for all the wonderful Jen time you had! Yay for dear sister-friend visits! :-)
I hope beyond hope that you are spotless and feeling 100% with no relapses of the tummy pain.
Much love, friend... enough is enough, isn't it?!
Oh... and I am so glad that the transition meeting was a positive step... :-) That's huge!!
oh hannha, I hope you are feeling well. I miss you since i fell off the blog wagon...too busy...
I hope you're feeling much better now, Hannah. How scary! I had a similar episode a couple years ago, and they never figured out what it was, but I can relate that it was definitely scary and no fun!
Absolutely LOVE the pic of sweet Vivian with her hair blowing in the wind!
Post a Comment