1.21.2010

J in J : I Get Crass, Then a Dose of Joy

It was not a great morning.  Here comes the crass part...

(I may have been heard using the word sh*tfest to describe my morning.)

Anyhow, I drove home in the hundredth day of drippy depressing rain after an overwhelming and discouraging morning...blah, blah, blah.

(I'm fine, just processing an IFSP meeting and thinking ahead to our upcoming transition to IEP [which creates anxiety].  If your kid doesn't need an IFSP/IEP, count yourself as very lucky.)


And when I arrived home there was a dose of joy that turned my frown upside down (or cleaned my mouth out with soap, however you want to look at it) -



 My friend Susannah made my day with the most lovely and surprising care package filled with treats to help me create moments of joy in January. 

Thank you, Susannah.  I don't really have the words to adequately thank you for bringing a smile to my face and joy to my heart on a day when I really needed it.  You're a gem, my friend!

6 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh, friend. I am sorry this morning was a sh*tfest!

I am so glad that Susannah and her awesome care package brightened your day! What a thoughtful, caring gesture... sounds quite a lot like someone else I know! :-)

Back to your morning... IFSP (which by the way... not at your house? why?) time can be full of so many emotions. And, as Viv gets closer to three, you add in transition anxieties to the rest of it. Want to talk about it? I am here... you know that :-)

Much love, hugs... and hopes that you busted out the goodies in that box right away! :-)

Victoria Nelson said...

you deserve all the JOY in this month and then some...especially after THOSE meetings! what a blessing to have good friends.
holding you close.
love,
victoria

The Claytons said...

So nice to come home to a lovely gift after "one of those" IFSP meetings! You are definitely right about counting yourself very lucky if your kid doesn't have one.... they can bring out all kind of different emotions.
Glad that your frown turned around once you got home though.

Kim

Susannah said...

so glad it came at the right time! i thought you would appreciate treats!

our ifsp is next week at school. i get so stressed out and anxious-and become someone i don't like very much. i'm sorry yours was so sucky.

sidenote: did you see fantastic mr fox? my favorite thing was that every time a character was cursing instead of dropping an f bomb or sh*t, etc. they said "cuss" instead. it was pretty awesome. so hope your cussfest of a morning evaporates today. sending love...

Crystal M. said...

Its always great to have friends do something special to make you smile on a yucky day.

Sara said...

As a mommy of a child who has had an IFSP and who has an IEP, I can say I understand. It so hard to see some of that stuff on paper...

I am so glad you had a package to brighten your day. I hope you know how much you have brightened my January with your Joys. :)

Sending love and hugs!!!