The last part of this year, though, has had its share of sadness, disappointment, loss, scares, waiting and difficulty.
Basically: life.
I am a little indifferent to turning the page on a new year. But I think I am just tired. Again: life. It ebbs and flows with the easy and hard, right?
Tonight we will cook up a delicious dinner, sleep through midnight (at least the me and Viv part of us) and wake up to a new year, a new decade, the trite fresh start - probably more welcome than I realize.
Happy New Year, dear friends.
Here's our year in pictures for 2009. Be warned: after debating which song best sums up our year, I chose my totally guilty pleasure: Jay Sean's "Down". People, I cannot NOT smile gleefully when I hear this song. Viv and I can't NOT dance. (I dare you not to smile. I dare you not to dance.)
(Told you.)
Last year's video.

8 comments:
I love that song!
Here's to a much better 2010.
oh friend, sending you much love. and would love to catch up- sounds like ou have been carrying a lot. sometimes life can be so heavy with grief and sadness. hoping joy overwhelms you in 2010.
hannah:
hugs, friend.
thinking of you. I do hope that 2010 brings everything you were hoping for.
xo
greta
Sending love and hugs to my friend....
I so enjoyed the video...thanks for sharing it.
Here's to 2010...I can't wait to see what it brings the both of us! :)
Adorable!! Happy New Year Miss Vivian!!
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva
it is just amazing how much miss vivian has grown this year! and even better that you captured it here for us! =) happy new year- here's to more playdates together!
yes-you had us moving!
Oh, my dear friend. My heart is heavy as I read your words. I send you much love.
Then I watch your beautiful 2009 and listen and dance in my seat (you were so right) and I can't help but smile and feel privileged to watch this year go by once again. Tears come to my eyes. Tears of joy and at the same time tears from a heavy heart for my dear dear friend. I Love You friend.
Happy New Decade, New Year and New Day to you, friend.
I watched the video numerous times... it's so full of joy, precious moments captured. It's full of change, growth, milestones met, laughter and, of course, love. As I watched, I thought of your words... heavy words that weigh on my heart and mind. This year has tested you, dear friend. And yet, through those tests and all the heaviness they brought, I know also know they've brought you renewed perspective. They've brought an even keener awareness of everyday miracles. You've been thrown curves (many, big curves... you've surely hit your quota)... but, as your blog profile reads, "It's all about the curves, isn't it? They help us land somewhere new when we are finally able to make it around the bend.
May this decade - - this year - - this day - - bring you much joy, fewer & less dramatic curves and endless possibilities... may it be full of "yet."
Love you, friend.
Post a Comment