It was way too hot to stay at home yesterday, so we headed up north to San Francisco for some cooler weather. We ended up at the zoo, where we ate our taqueria lunch on the zoo grass and Viv got schooled in the fine art of daisy chain making. Then it was off to see the gorillas (my favorite), giraffes, chimps and zebras. On our way out of the city, we had ice cream for dinner at one of our favorite shops and eventually made it home to our "sauna" just as the sun was setting on this late summer day.
PS Somewhere in the midst of our adventures, Viv lost another shoe. (The left one this time.) She doesn't really take her shoes off anymore, so who knows how it got lost. She enjoyed the zoo in socks and Vince chose a new pair of shoes for her today.
PS Somewhere in the midst of our adventures, Viv lost another shoe. (The left one this time.) She doesn't really take her shoes off anymore, so who knows how it got lost. She enjoyed the zoo in socks and Vince chose a new pair of shoes for her today.



6 comments:
LOVE IT!!!
the daisies are too cute. she is adorable! :)
What a great day, glad you could escape the heat! When I saw Vince's status update I was suggesting telepathically that you try the taqueria on the way that is sort of situated amongst houses and so, so tasty...I wonder if that is the one you hit? Can you teach me to make Daisy chains?! How adorable!
Oops, just realized I published under Dale...that was Amy speaking ;)
The pics are too cute! We were able to enjoy the zoo this weekend as well... I was so surprised to be able to do that here in Texas in the summer!
Kim
Love the daisy chain! :-)
LOVE the pic with Viv sticking out her tongue! :-) Too cute!
Actually, I adore all the zoo pics!
And, last but not least, I think that ice cream for dinner is the coolest! Viv... do you have any idea how lucky you are to have parents that truly grasp that ice cream is, indeed, its own food group and worthy of being served as dinner?!
:-)
Post a Comment