You are two years old today.
When I think about what August 9 was like two years ago, I think about how you surprised us in such a beautiful, breathtaking way. I think about how you came into this world: feisty and strong yet sweet and fragile. I think about how in the hours after your birth, my entire body smiled at your arrival.
We're celebrating our third August 9 now. You:
love, love, LOVE to read books. You read in a sing-song voice, pointing to pictures and saying the words you know.
keep your shoes on unless you want "This Little Piggy," and then you ask for them to be "on" immediately after.
love songs. I'm barely finished with one song, and you're enthusiastically signing and saying "more."
drink from a sippy cup exclusively now. The last, lone bottle was packed away last month.
love to throw kisses.
draw with crayons and markers with almost as much enthusiasm as you watch me color and draw.
give hugs with vigor and enthusiasm, patting the recipient on his or her back so lovingly.
wake up asking for milk but rarely want to drink it until you've been up for an hour.
laugh in a way that melts hearts and inspires more laughter, and isn't that what laughing is all about?
love to paint with water, draw with chalk and walk with your push toy on the front step.
People often remark that I must be so proud of you. I am. So very proud. But pride in who you are somehow implies that I have more to do with your youness than I do - and honey, it's all you. You came to this earth with a vast capacity to love; the ability to inspire joy; readiness for adventure and an embracing spirit. You came to me this way, and I consider it my greatest honor as your mom to nurture and preserve and love these precious parts of you. Who you are inspires me daily. I am so blessed by your presence in my life.
We are celebrating your second birthday in Santa Barbara where we have enjoyed sand and ocean, the zoo, cupcakes, strolls down memory lane for your dad and me and walks through hills in the Mesa.
Love,
Mama

22 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEAUTIFUL BABY!!!!!
Love Sophia, Bella and Parker (and their mom and dad)
Happy happy happy happy birthday Miss Viv! You are one absolutely amazing lil' girl! We love sharing this journey with you and your family and can't wait to see what this year has in store for you. I bet it will be AMAZING!!!
Much love, Amy and Max
P.S. LOVE these photos!!!
Happy birthday, Vivian-let's celebrate when you get home!!
P.S. Mom said to tell your mom that she needs to put a "WARNING: DO NOT READ THE FOLLOWING POST WITHOUT A BOX OF TISSUES ON HAND" message before posts like this!! :)
happy birthday vivian!! We hope you had a nice day.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY OUR SWEET GIRL!
Uncle Justin, Auntie Victoria, and Mo La La are so proud of you too.
You make our hearts soar.
We love you.
Happy Birthday special girl! You inspire us and we love reading about your adventures. Best wishes for a year filled with many more books, cupcakes, and ballons!
Happy Birthday Miss Viv!
Happy Birthday Viv!!! Love all your beach photos. You and my guy share the same special day. What a beautiful family you have!
Happy Birthday sweet girl!! I can't get over how much she's doing...it's fantastic. :)
happy happy birthday vivian!
hannah, will you adopt me? :)
Miss Viv,
You are Fantastic. Happy Birthday Big Girl -- We Love You!!!
Big Hugs and Many Kisses,
Erin and Hannah
Happy Birthday Sweet Vivian! Adam, Brandon and I sent our warm loving hugs and kisses to you! Lots of love!!!
Wow!!!!!! Happy 2nd birthday Viv, you grow more delicious with every post!
Please send us your home address, Jake has a gift for his girl across the pond.
Lots of love
Abi et al x
Happy Birthday, Miss Vivian!!
You are as beautiful as your mother is!
Love, Sara and Madeline
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISS VIVIAN!!! WOW 2!! You are amazing!!
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva
HAPPY BIRTHDAY my "camaron con cola"!!!!!
Kisses miles! :D
Happy Birthday Miss Vivian!! You are going to make TWO an amazing year!
Love the pictures! I looked back at your first birthday celebratiom and noticed the family pics...what a great tradition...what a great family!
Lots of birthday love coming your way!
balloons on a beach, what happiness!! happy birthday, viv!
what a special post for a special girl! i love it! of course as usual...hannah, you melt my heart. i love the family photo. absolutely lovely. i cant wait until viv reads these someday.
Happy Birthday Sweet Vivian! (And a big congratulations to your mom and dad too!)
We are sending you big hugs and kisses your way. One of these days we are going to have to get you and Charlie together...you two have way too much in common.
With much love,
Libby
Happy Birthday Miss Vivian! It looks like you had a great trip. I love that you ate a cupcake every single day. Yum!
Oh I am so late in saying this but wished you happy birthday on the day as I've been without net access for 2 weeks.
Huge congratulations on your beautiful birthday milestone. What a joy it continues to be to read all your beautiful happy moments in life.
with love
Post a Comment