6.09.2009

Today : 9 Squared

Today

♥ when we got back from our morning walk, the most lovely surprise package was waiting on the porch. Lovely and perfect, perfect and lovely from my dearheart of a friend, J.
♥ Viv saw Dr. K for one last follow up from her choanal atresia surgery - open and clear! Yay! Operation Breathe Through Two Nostrils complete.
♥ we walked around a cute downtown post-appointment and picked up lunch and dessert to bring home.
♥ Vivian and I had our first backyard picnic of the summer - Mexican food, cookie and a nice breeze.
♥ when I went in to get Vivian from her nap (still not sure if she really slept), she was standing up in her crib with a bare bottom. Her pants and diaper were thrown on the ground. There are other details to this story that I will breeze over. But I am still laughing at the scene I walked in to this afternoon.
♥ Vivian had her daily convertible cruise through the neighborhood and we met a nice neighbor named Dottie.


♥ We ate birthday dinner at Rosatti's - it's a restaurant that feels like summer camp - I grew up eating here in the summers and tonight Vivian got to eat her first Rosatti's meal: grilled cheese (open face) and the best fries. Then a trip down to the creek that runs through it (no baby frogs yet, but a couple of ducks taking a bath).

♥ Birthday treat time (Neapolitan cupcake)!

12 comments:

greta ott said...

Happy Birthday Hannah!! and your little diaperless story made me laugh. boy have we been there, quite a bit lately.
Happy day!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dear Heart! xoxo Susan

Kristi said...

Happy Birthday, Friend!
Looks like it was a truly lovely day!:-)

LOVING the brown paper package - - what a wonderful idea... and what a wonderful, creative friend!

LOL at diaperless Viv! Welcome to my world, dear friend! :-) Potty Drama, we call it around here!

THANK YOU for the video... hee hee! MADE MY NIGHT! :-) There is so much to love about that video... the slide action, of course, but I absolutely adore that she signed "hear" to tell you she heard the timer. You've written about her doing that, but to see it is witnessing Viv magic! I just love it! And, for me, there is just something wonderful about the timer being a part of the video!

SO GLAD that she loves "Apple Apple" and that she's expanding her vocabulary with it! :-)

Victoria Nelson said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! I WISH I KNEW ABOUT IT EARLIER!
Oh, it looked like such an ejoyable, wonderful day, friend.
Lots of love,
Victoria, Justin, and Moriah

Michele said...

I love the picture of you and Viv at Rosatti's! I must go there on my next visit, I haven't been in YEARS!

AmyK said...

Happy Birthday, love this post!

Sara said...

Oh Hannay, I JUST realized that I forgot to wish you a happy birthday in my last comments. Sorry! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, friend!

Sara

It looks like you had a great day and night! :)

Susannah said...

birthdays are the best!!!! i love the brown paper package tied up with string! and who can resist grilled cheese and fries???? happy birthday (late ;))

karolina said...

happy birthday hannah!

amy and mighty max said...

Happy "belated" birthday to a simply wonderful woman...I feel blessed to have "met" you and experience this journey together.

I am so impressed with you and Miss Viv...what a truly amazing team you are together! Seriously, truly amazing!

P.S. What is the "apple" song? SOunds like one we would like to learn too. :)

Auntie Sarah said...

Rosatti's- how i miss that place! what fun you guys had... and the food is still the same? mmm we MUST go there to eat once the weather gets warmer. And the Detailed nap story was quite hilarious... I guess Vivi needed some Breathing room? :P

Catherine L said...

belated happy happy birthday dear friend!