5.05.2009
M in M : Blue and Yellow
Yellow and blue make green!
Which reminds me of one of my all time favorite children's stories - Little Blue and Little Yellow by Leo Lionni (I adore all of his books). It's the story of two dear friends, Little Blue and Little Yellow. One day they can't find each other, but when they finally do, they hug until they turn green. (Read the story to find out what happens next!)
Whenever I read this story, I think about how the goodness of the people in my life mix with little parts of me, affecting me and changing me for the better. My own little version of yellow + blue = green.
Happy 5 de mayo - this post brought to you by mango margarita and tres leche cake, with carnitas in between.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
So cute! I love how she's poking it! Reminds me of Gracie and how long it took for her to actually touch play-doh! When she finally did, she stuck some on her nose!
Cannot wait to check out this book at the library with Preston. We are going Wednesday while Gracie's at school! Sounds so cute!
Hi Hannah! I always love your sequencing of Viv pictures ... I feel like I'm right there watching her determination and energy. So fun to see. Thank you also for the great book recommendations recently!
Hi Hannah, play doh is so much fun and Vivian looks like she was definitely having a fun time with it! That book sounds so great - thanks for the recommendation!
Kim
Play Doh! I must get Play Doh! Brilliant! And thanks for the book recomendation, I always love those because I am so deficient in the 'knowledge of children's books' category! Did I mention I love, love, love her!!! And bravo on your fiesta choices! Yummy!
aaaw, that sounds like such a great book! it sounds like a couple of girls we know...except that they stared at their feet when they met ;-)
i sure do love that vivian!
one of the pictures i just posted of moriah reminds justin and i of viv. they are so expressive!
talk to u soon, friend.
love,
victoria
p.s. thank you for the thai chicken curry dish. it totally hit the spot! and we scarfed down the granola bars and glazed almonds/pretzels. you are the best!!
I remember that book!! It was a great book and what a great way to think of it in your own life.
I love the pics of Ms. Vivian playing with her play dough, we love it too, most days.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva
love this post...now i need to go find that book!
Post a Comment