5.12.2009

5.12.09 : 91



Today would have been my grandma Vivian's 91st birthday. Isn't she stunning? I would spend hours pouring over old photo albums when I visited her, listening to stories and asking questions. Or just sitting quietly, picking out her beautiful face in each photo.

Vivian is so my grandmother's great-granddaughter. They are each:

♥ strong ♥ sweet ♥ funny ♥ kind-hearted ♥ feisty ♥ a kick in the pants ♥ charismatic ♥

I am so glad I named my daughter for such a spirited and amazing woman as my grandma. I think of her every day.

8 comments:

Susannah said...

that middle photo looks like you!

Molly said...

Alice is named after my grandma and VERY much like her too! Luckily my grandma is still around, and lives close by. I love watching Alice when my Grandma is holding her, it's like she knows she's being held by her namesake.

AmyK said...

Oh Hannah, she is indeed stunning! What energy she had! I also think I see a resemblance, you have the same smile! Love that third photo!

Crystal M. said...

All my kids have middle names that are family names, Alexander is the only one who has a 1st and middle name that have meaning like that.
My grandma also had her 80th birthday last weekend.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

greta ott said...

I too see quite a resemblance. Such great photos, I love old photos also, especially when they are of ones we love.

Sara said...

You may not share the name....but you are just like your grandmother too. Your grandmother seems like a wonderful woman. :)

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

Hannah, you look so much like your grandmother! That middle picture is especially so "you"! My beautiful grandma Vivian would have been 89 this year.

Rachel said...

Oh, those pictures are precious! I especially love that last one - her smile and joy is infectious!

What a beautiful woman to have in your life!