3.18.2009

Tag-along to Texas

What do two girls do when they tag along on a business trip to Austin, Texas?

They eat. Specifically, bar-b-q and Amy's ice cream (repeatedly, of course).


They explore. Specifically, the Capitol and the neighborhoods on the way to get more ice cream.


They hang out with dad/husband in between SXSW sessions. Specifically, take out on the hotel roof, crayon sessions over pancakes and dinner at the lake (with a mai tai in hand) as the sun set.




We love Austin - a beautiful, interesting and yummy town! We took the same trip last year - what a difference a year makes! This year Viv ate ice cream, creamed corn, scooted up hills at the capitol, talked and signed and laughed!

9 comments:

Victoria Nelson said...

oh my goodness that looks like it was such a fun trip!
i love vivian's drawings =)

so glad you guys enjoyed yourselves.
love,
victoria

AmyK said...

Oh I am so bummed we were not there! I have been 'stalking' anxiously awaiting the details of your trip! Looks like you had a wonderful time! Viv is quite the artist ;)

amy and mighty max said...

you are such a cute and fun family...so glad you had a great time! :)

Kristi said...

Oh my, Benbo, Inc... have I missed you! :-) So SO much!

Looks like you had a wonderfully fantastic trip and I'm so very happy for y'all! :)

Welcome home! Preston will be so excited to see the new pics of "Vblibian" tomorrow! :-)

The Claytons said...

So glad to see a new post from ya'll!! Wished Austin wasn't so far away from where we live in Texas, I would of loved to meet ya'll!! Looks like you had a great trip :O)

greta ott said...

so that's where you've been. looks like fun!
xo
greta

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun!! Do I spy a little hair cut for Vivian? Great photos as always!

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

What a fun trip! Glad you all were able to mix a little pleasure with business and have a fun family vacation! Vivian, you get more adorable every day!

Crystal M. said...

Looks like a blast, we have been to San Antonio Tx and I so want to go back. Glad you had such a wonderful time.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva