2.02.2009

Two Peas in a Pod



Vivian got to meet her pod-mate (as in two peas in a pod) and other half yesterday. They both wore their "I {Heart} Dr. Hanley" t-shirts - Vivian's shirt being a very special gift from the Nelsons and made by their talented family friend. Moriah is precious as ever. She held my finger, looked at me with her soulful eyes and nestled herself even deeper in my heart. Sigh. Our girls.

We said goodbye to our friends, who are heading back to Southern California so that Moriah can continue healing in the Children's Hospital closer to home. My family's life is changed for being on this journey with Vivian; my family's life is enriched and blessed by sharing this journey with friends like the Nelsons.

Victoria wrote a lovely note and these are words I treasure:
What an amazing bond those two already share without even knowing it yet. Our Vivian and Moriah are going to take on the world together and all we're going to do is sit, watch and cheer on our amazing miracles!

That idea brings me such joy. I look so forward to Moriah and Vivian playing, laughing, sharing, smiling, wearing silly hats and making mud pies together in the garden. And we will be there, cheering you on, with full hearts, sweetie peas!

Vince got to meet Sweetie Pea Moriah for the first time yesterday, too.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a special bond for you and Victoria too!! You have been a great friend while they were here...you are amazing Hannah!

The Claytons said...

That is just so neat. I had chills when I was reading your post. I am so glad that Moriah and Vivian have each other to share a wonderful friendship and it is great that you and Victoria have each other too! Ya'll are both amazing mommies :O)

Crystal M. said...

I have tears in my eyes reading your post, you are all so lucky to have each other. What a blessing!!
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

Susannah said...

what a gift. incredible the people who we meet on each of our unplanned journeys, no?

Auntie Sarah said...

Oh Hannah I am so happy for you all! it sounds like Moriah has stabilized... and they got to meet after hearing so much about each other! What a gift. Im glad their family is able to go back home to So Cal... and look at how big Moriah got!

Kristi said...

Hannah,
I just posted on Moriah's blog how much it warms my heart to see your girls together at last! I am so happy they got to meet before Moriah's journey to CHLA.

It is a great hope that someday (hopefully VERY soon) we can all get together. I so eagerly await seeing Viv and Moriah together. And, I am sure that Preston and Reuben will be eager to see them, too! HA!!!!

What an incredibly special bond you and Victoria share. And, Hannah, you have been so generous and supportive to the Nelsons... I am sure Victoria and Justin are grateful beyond words. All four of you (adults) are so lucky to have each other on this journey... and the girls, well, that goes without saying. I think of them together... and I see a great future and friendship... like Kennedy and Mackenzie! :-)

With love,
Kristi

AmyK said...

Oh how I was looking forward to seeing these photos and hearing about your visit! What a special day with some very special people, thanks for sharing it with us!

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

I'm so glad that Vivian and Moriah finally got to meet! They look so sweet together! They will be sisters for life on this journey.

Sara said...

Two peas in a pod AND two adorable little girls!

I am so glad they finally got to meet and I can't wait to see their friendship blossom! How truly special.

Hugs, Sara

Catherine L said...

I wanted to thank you too, on behalf of so many other Friends of the Nelsons, been meaning to for so long, for all your wonderful support of their family. Such rare and selfless friendship they will treasure forever.