1.15.2009

J in J : Mixed Bag

Yesterday, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I was Miss Cranky Pants from the get-go. I think my direct quote was: Joy Schmoy. I gave myself until noon to be cranky. Of course the ever-lovely Vivian was a bright spot, but I was still cranky inside my head. I cleaned like a maniac (I'm a horrible housekeeper, but clean my best when cranky). Then I extended my crank-fest til 3:00 because, frankly, I wasn't done being cranky yet. At 3:01 I left the crankies behind and had myself a nice afternoon and evening that involved the Food Network (live and in person; more on that another time) and then Red Mango froyo. (Am I the only one who revels in a little crankiness every now and then?)

Today, I am photo-less, however, there were several joyful moments (not a cranky moment in sight!):
*At our post-op ENT appointment, Dr. K confirmed Vivian's nostril has remained open and looks great. Yay for breathing through two nostrils!
*We had lunch with Granny, who makes the best egg salad sandwich, and is always fun to hang out with.
*We walked up and down a cute downtown street in the warm sunshine.
*We had cupcakes with Emily, who is the most darling pregnant person ever. Viv enjoyed the frosting, let me tell you: she is a frosting girl!

8 comments:

Sara said...

If Viv is a frosting gal, then she and Madeline will get along just great!

Hannah, yes, revel in your crankiness. I do it too---many times!! Every day cannot be joyful as much as it would be nice if it could be that way.

I am glad to hear you are normal. :) I am also glad to hear that Miss Viv is still breathing out of two nostrils and you ate yummy egg salad with Granny.

Hugs, Sara

Unknown said...

Apparently Mercury is in retrograde right now, if you're into that. Good mommy cranky tip: Turn on some music and dance around hard! Your little one will just think you're a blast and you'll get your endorphins going!

And let's hear it for frosting! Amen!

Kristi said...

Your crankiness must have blown south, because I had it bad today!
Was just about to post about it!

I laughed when I read this... out loud! The fact that you extended your crankiness because you "frankly weren't done" cracked me up!

SO glad the follow-up with Dr. Koltai went well! Good news will push the crankies away!

LOVE hearing that Viv is a frosting girl!! I always knew she was smart! Yummy! :-)

angie said...

i love that you clean when you are cranky!

Crystal M. said...

I think we all are allowed our cranky days but those sweet faces always seem to make our days alittle brighter.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

greta ott said...

I am glad to hear you let yourself have cranky days, we all do.
and love it that viv loves frosting. me too vivian me too.

Auntie Sarah said...

Yay for frosting! she's my girl!

AmyK said...

I am a cranky, angry, ticked-off, the whole world is against me, cleaner :) So glad I am not alone, though I may be a little more 'out-there' then you ;) E and Viv can be cupcake partners, he is much more of a cake guy, a perfect pair! XOXOXO