10.20.2008

Accessories

From NICU doo-dads to CVICU hoo-hahs to the butterfly helmet to that brown bow I always seem to put in her hair to the hearing aid to the eye patch, with glasses probably on the horizon: the girl's had her fair share of accessories.

The hearing aid wearing has gotten better, but we've still got a long way to go. I was chatting with Sweetie Pie Lily's mom, Karen, and she suggested getting some headbands to put over the aid as another barrier to pulling it out (Thanks, Karen! You rock!) (And if you want to see a baby that will make you do a double take ask yourself "Is that Vivian?", go look at Sweet Lily!).

I am loving these headbands. I still have to work pretty hard to prevent Vivian from pulling out her ear mold and eating it (mmmmm, expensive teether!), but she just looks so cute. I don't know if it reminds me of the 7th grade or Liza Minelli or a flapper or what...but I am smitten for my baby in a headband!

12 comments:

Michele said...

I love the headband! What a good idea.

Carrie said...

Oh, please please please get an '80s Olivia Newton John-style terrycloth headband with matching wristbands!

Auntie Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LisaAnn said...

I love the headband! Great idea!
You better get out your glue gun, because you will be designing a bunch of these.

Sara said...

Oh, I am smitten with this baby in headband too! I love headbands on little girls. This one is so cute on Vivian--she can definitely pull it off.

Hannah, can I send you a fabric flower for you to clip on one of Vivian's headbands? I am making some smaller ones this week for Madeline (it is on my "to do" list at least). I'd be happy to make Vivian one too while I am at it. E-mail me if you'd like one, along with your address. No pressure--I won't take offense if you don't want one. :)

Sara

AmyK said...

I'm with Carrie! And just when I think she can't get any cuter, she does it again! XOXOXO

Kristi said...

The cutest, accessorized baby girl I've seen since my own was that size! :-)

She is so stinkin' cute!

Catherine L said...

Ha ha... yes, F Scott Fitzgerald would be proud! I always think of the accessories as Reu getting the delux package from Children's. Cx

Crystal M. said...

Great idea I hope it works. We did something like that with Eva and she still got it all off. I swear I do not have anymore idea I am out!! LOL!
Good luck,
Crystal and Eva

Rachel said...

You are so creative!

Once she really gets the hang of equating the hearing aid with wanting to hear sounds... you'll probably have trouble getting her to take it out... just speaking from experience here :)

She looks CUTE and I love your previous post about capturing those moments in your heart.

Unknown said...

That headband is adorable and it will be sooooo worth the work to keep those hearing aids in and let her develop her residual hearing to the best it can become. I remember the early days going through the mold-eating days with Kennedy, but perserverance paid off and her hearing aids helped her develop language so much!

Keep up the great work, nice to have a minute to check the blogs...

Victoria Nelson said...

I LOVE it! Miss Vivian, you are so so cute!!!
We love you sweet girl.
Love,
the Nelsons