The Helmeted Family Photo (it just had to be done!)
Vivian "graduated" on Friday from helmetwearing. Basically, she outgrew the helmet. We saw a good amount of correction; her head's still a little flat, but not so lopsided from the torticollis. Like mother, like daughter, I guess: I have a huge dent in my head; Vince has always said he can feel my brain. A perfect-headed family we are not.
With friends visiting from LA, we ate sandwiches in my favorite San Francisco neighborhood, then drove to another neighborhood for cupcakes (passionfruit reigns as my favorite), found an old school salon called Vivian's and walked around the Palace of Fine Arts.
Sunday was an mmmmmm dinner up in the city while Viv hung out with my parents. I started the evening with a cocktail called the Freudian Slip. Only good can follow that, right?! Our waiter reminded me so much of Tim Gunn it was uncanny...I kept waiting for him to say "Carry on" or "Make it work." He was precious. (And reminded me that I have a few Project Runways to catch up on.) A lovely, adult evening! I never really feel the need for a break from mothering, but making the time to be with just Vince or friends is always rejuvenating.
What did you enjoy doing over the long weekend?








8 comments:
You WON!!! :-) It is a cute little print, huh? It could be your little V...
You outbid my sister, but she says she will forgive you b/c your girl is so cute and she has two boys and is dying for a girl......
If you forward the recipt from PayPal I'll have Sara Jane send it directly to you!!! I need your address too.
Gracie ate her very first food today..it was a red letter day.. I need to catch up one the doings of Miss V...I have been away and am WAY behind on blog stuff...
Thanks for helping out. Stephanie and her husband and kids are really good people and it will be many, many millions of dollars before this is over...
Oh my goodness, the helmet picture it too cute. What is your favorite neighborhood you visited in SF? I want to know... That is great you had a nice adult dinner, ah the distant memories. The photos of Vivian are adorable.
yay Vivian! I can kiss your sweet little head now... There is Beauty in inperfection, right? Such adorable photos.. look like you guys had fun with Matt and Mer in the city. I hope to see you guys soon- I can kiss Vivi's sweet head now!
<3 Auntie Sarah
Lisa - I love Noe Valley; that's where we had lunch. I nannied there while I was at SFSU, so it was like my 2nd home.
LOVE the helmet pic! a boxing family as one of my boys would probably say...
You guys are the CUTEST family!! I love the helmet shot & the shot in front of Vivian's! So glad you got to have a fun weekend with friends-I am sure Vivian loves the sights and sounds of the city. And the "kissy face" picture on the side is soooo cute! Hannah you are capturing great photos! And Miss Vivian is looking so grown up without her helmet!
sorry: I deleted my earlier comment, apparently when I wrote it last night I was feeling illiterate.
anyway, your weekend sounds smashing.
ours was more ...yawn....ho-hum, but there is always next weekend, right?!
Post a Comment