Viv's getting her hearing tested at the hospital today - she's been on the waiting list and a spot opened up. I am so hopeful that the test will give us a clearer picture of what Vivian's hearing needs are. After a year of botched tests, appointments in the distant future, postponed tests, waiting lists and unclear behavioral results, I just want to know, so that we can get her into hearing aids, or take whatever path will be best for her hearing and speech development.
She'll have to be put under general anesthesia, which is where my mamaheart worries. So if you have a moment, would you send out a positive thought or prayer for Miss Viv today? I know she'll be in good hands, but I still worry. It'll be a long-ish day, mostly due to the anesthesia prep and recovery. But I'm hopeful for a speedy recovery.
An interesting pre-anesthesia discovery this morning: she likes pedialyte! She drank 10 ounces in 90 minutes (I've never seen her ingest so much liquid in so short a time) since she couldn't have formula. Mmmmmm - sticky orange "fruit flavored" drink. Nothing like a little sugar water to get a girl going in the morning!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
I am thinking of Miss Viv and her momma today as you undergo this procedure. Sending prayers and positive thoughts! Let us know how she does.
Hugs, Sara
Hey Vivi,
You're going to do great today! Mommy, Daddy, and I are praying for you. We love you.
Your friend,
Moriah
Thinking of you little Vivi! Sending mucho positive vibes and lots of love! XOXOXOXOX
Thinking of you little one. Lots of hugs and love!!
Thinking of you all. Hoping the test goes smashingly well. And, we'll be waiting for the update as soon as you hear it.
Heather, Blake & Brody.
P.S. Viv's birthday was lovely - we enjoyed being a part of it and look forward to many more happy occasions like that.
sending you good thoughts.
you are always somewhere in my mind.
xo
g
We will be thinking about her, and you! Update us on how she did.
Lisa
I'm thinking of you and wondering how the day went.
Miss Vivian, I have been thinking about you (and your mama and daddy) all day. I hope today went well for you all. You are such a trooper!! Hugs and kisses!!
Post a Comment