Yesterday was awesome because it was the first day of summer. Happy summer, people!
Yesterday was awesome because a dear friend I haven't seen in a while came over to hang out with Viv and me in the morning.
Yesterday was terrible because it was bordering on too hot to live.
Yesterday was awesome because I ate ice cream for dinner to celebrate the first day of summer. A dear friend, the babies and I walked to our local ice cream shop. I enjoyed banana ice cream with peanut butter cups at dinner time. The evidence:
Yesterday was terrible because Viv started to get a little fussy in the ice cream shop, and as I was cuddling her, she threw up. A lot. It went down my shirt. Which I don't really mind except that mommies like their babies to be healthy and feel good.
Yesterday was terrible because I was being a renegade-live-on-the-edge mommy and didn't bring the diaper bag to the ice cream shop. Luckily, my dear friend came to the rescue with cloth diapers to wipe up with. She even wet one for Miss Viv to put around her neck to keep cool.
Yesterday was awesome because I'm so thankful for good mama friends.
Yesterday was terrible because Viv kept throwing up whatever milk I fed her after the initial incident during ice cream for dinner.
Yesterday was awesome because at least we have a (hideously ugly yet oh, so worth it on a hot day) portable room air conditioner in our bedroom. Vince, Viv and I hung out in the only cool room all evening. Viv was happy playing on our bed between throw ups.
Yesterday was awesome because I finally fed Viv a couple of ounces of milk very, very
s l o w l y and she didn't throw that up. And then she fell asleep and slept all night. By then it was 11:00. I slept soundly all night, too.
Looks like awesome wins by a hair.
How was your first day of summer? Hopefully awesome, not terrible. Do tell.
*Best said in your New Zealand accent. Trust me.
6.21.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
102 degrees yesterday in our town, this town.
Olivia did not do well with the heat either- poor Miss Vivian. I hope she is feeling better today!
Poor Vivi - I put my $ on the fact that it was the heat that made her feel icky!
Poor Vivi - I put my $ on the fact that it was the heat that made her feel icky!
Yes the weather was so yucky... especially for little bodies like Vivi's... I couldnt believe it when my car registered 106 degrees driving through San Rafael on Friday(!) I hope Vivian felt better Sunday when it cooled off. love you all!
Post a Comment