5.17.2008

A Day at the Beach, Take Two


Scenes from Francis Beach

Our last trip to the coast was windy. Very windy and very caloric. But fun.

Yesterday Viv and I returned to the beach with some dear friends. The weather was perfection. Absolutely delightful. Just the right amount of warmth and breeze and friendship thrown in with a lesson about how strollers and sand don't mix.

After a sit in the sand we drove to town for the best sandwiches and ate them on the deli's patio in the sunshine. Three friends, three babies, making memories. (I love making memories.)

Today I am going out to buy a beach umbrella (baby and I need shade!), a beach chair, and whatever other beach accoutrement I decide Viv and I will need for our summer beach trips. Because, honey, I plan to spend many-a-day at the beach making memories this summer.

A near-perfect Saturday.

How was yours?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

target has the new collection, whim by cynthia rowley, out now. i bought a couple of beach chairs for $10 each! have fun!

hannah m said...

Ami! Hi! Thanks for the tip - just returned from Target with a red beach umbrella and matching beach chair. Hooray!

Anonymous said...

We spent the day at Monterey. The weather was beautiful...a great escape from the heat here! Today I hope to make it to Target to get a soft sided cooler for carrying more water with us. Can't wait to head to the coast this summer with Miss Vivian.

angie said...

how was the traffic? we were thinking of doing it, but were afraid because of this crazy heat!

hannah m said...

ang, i was worried about the traffic, too - but there was none at 10:30ish, which was a happy surprise!