4.03.2008

The Kinds of Questions I Ask

If I'm sitting on the couch with Vince and it's getting late (and I'm a little loopy 'cause it's past my bedtime), or if we wake up too early and find ourselves having a half-asleep conversation (my favorite), I like to ask desert island questions.

Like this:

If you could only eat one flavor of ice cream for the rest of your life, what flavor would it be? Why?

Photo from flickr

See what my answer is in the comments. Throw in your own 2 cents, if you want to play along (and you know you do).

20 comments:

hannah m said...

Chocolate chip.

No doubt about it. I'll always prefer a vanilla based ice cream, and I enjoy a little texture and a little chocolate with my ice cream, hence the chocolate chips. And I prefer chocolate chunks (like at Peninsula Creamery) as opposed to mini chips or chocolate flakes.

I know, it's ridiculous--these are the things I think about.

AmyK said...

Vanilla Mocha Almond Fudge (or at least that's what I think it was called when I was a child)!

Vanilla, because you are right it is the BEST base

Mocha because coffee = yum,

Almond because I too love texture and I love nuts so Almonds are a natural choice,

and then who doesn't like a little fudge thrown in! ;)

Anonymous said...

Strawberry!!

anna

Auntie Sarah said...

hey look! Amy has her own ice cream place! where is that, Austin? If I could only eat one flavor of ice cream, it would be rocky road- but with ALMONDS not walnuts. Walnuts have too dry and severe of a texture. I like the way marshmallows get chewy when frozen. Yummy!

Hannah- remember when Breyer's had chocolate chip ice cream with the little mini chips almost like seeds?

Kristen said...

Dark Chocolate...just love it! Msybe with peanut butter...I wish I had some now!

hannah m said...

Oh, this is so fun. I'm so glad you're playing along!
AK-love the mocha almond fudge- a favorite from childhood, but it's been a long time!
AR-you left a comment! yay! and strawberry- delightful!
S-i have been into rocky road in a big way lately. i specifically like chewy marshmallows and pecans are very tasty,too. (yes, the photo is from amy's in austin, but i didn't take it--it's just a random from flickr)
K-i adore peanut butter in my ice cream--the salty with my sweet--so tasty! good choice.

Camilo said...

My lovely wife asks (not as much anymore) "desert island questions". Glad to see she's not the only loopy one :)

It would have to be Vanilla. Just good old plain Vanilla. It's the only flavor of ice cream that is good even when it starts to get soft and melt a little bit.

I wonder what Mexican Vanilla is like???

hannah m said...

C- The Mexican Vanilla from Amy's in Austin, TX is the most delicious, divine vanilla I have ever tasted (I LOVE vanilla). Maybe there's a tri in Austin - you and the family could make the trek and eat the best ice cream EVER! (What do you think, Joan?!)

Carrie said...

At first glance, I thought you wrote "dessert island." I want to go there.

I'm with you on chocolate chip, but not everyone does chunks as well as the PC does. I'm partial to flakes, but they're hard to find.

Michele said...

Oh! So hard to choose!! Maybe the coffee ice cream from coldstone with peanut butter and oreos. That is what I get nearly every time I go there and it is so yummy!

hannah m said...

C-Dessert Island, yes, please! And chocolate chip with flakes is delicious, too, especially if I'm eating ice cream on a cone.

M-Yum! I love the salty of peanut butter with the sweet. My favorite at Coldstone was always banana ice cream with Reese's peanut butter cups.

Anonymous said...

Jamoca Almond Fudge...or Rocky Road. hmmm -- Jamoca Almond Fudge - hands down! I have singly-handedly kept Baskin-Robbins in business for the past 40 years!!!
Mari Jo

AmyK said...

I can't belive I forgot Peanut Butter - how can I incorporate that into my Vanilla Mocha Almond Fudge? Will have to ponder this for a while...

hannah m said...

MJ- My aunt had a dog a long time ago named Jamoca-- after the BR ice cream by the same name! Yum.

A- I daresay peanut butter would be a welcome addition to almost any ice cream flavor...now that's something I'm going to ponder...

greta ott said...

I would have to say thrifty's chocolate malted crunch. I has been my favorite for as long as I can remember... And I am sure there are far better ice creams out there but I am a cheap date.

hannah m said...

G- Do you still have Thrifty's ice cream? We were able to get Thrifty's chocolate malted crunch (Vince's fave) at Rite Aid up until a month ago. No more. Vince is very sad.

greta ott said...

Our area is chocked full of rite aids with thrifty ice cream counters. thank goodness.

Anonymous said...

oh- this is such a hard question...just one? Strawberry with rainbow sprinkles takes me back to childhood- Peppermint for the holidays- Bananna with Recess from Cold Stone- Gold Medal Ribbon from Baskin- Chunky Monkey without the walnuts....hmmmm? But vanilla? Too plain!

Carrie said...

Ooh, I love the picture of the week!

Auntie Sarah said...

Ooh I miss Thrifty's cheap SQUARE ice cream scoops! And your friend Kristen's Dark chocolate with peanut butter ice cream sounds delish. I tried to keep it down to one fave... but chocolate and peanut butter has such nice chemistry.

And Double Rainbow "its a goody" vanilla ice cream with chocolate chunks and PB swirl- ooh double yum!! = - P