8 months old
Happy, happy birthday. I actually had to do the math and count the months since August. Is it possible that I'm already losing track of the months? Yes, yes it is. But I double checked, and you are in fact eight months old today. Sigh.This month has been all about movement. A few weeks ago you rolled over from tummy to back. You were not so happy (crying, actually), but I shrieked with delight. It was such an exciting landmark in your young life - evidence of your hard work and your mounting strength. Now, that is soooo March '08 and since April is here, you are rolling with grace and ease and smiles. You lift your head up high and proud while on your tummy, and then, boom! you're on your back and looking at me like What, mom? What's the big deal? You're moving from your back to your side to reach for favorite toys. The other week your grabbed your yellow mirror - quite a large toy - and were licking your reflection. That still makes me laugh.
You've tried some rice cereal and yams in the past month. You're not quite sure about all that. But you like to hold the spoon and get just the tiniest bit of food in your mouth. The rest of it goes everywhere else. It's good times, but we're just practicing at this point.
Each day it is getting easier to elicit belly chuckles from you. Your Uncle Tony was holding you last weekend and was making Donald Duck-ish sounds. You couldn't stop looking into his eyes and smiling with glee. Those Donald Duck sounds have made their way into my baby babble lexicon (along with the ever-loved raspberry - it's like a one hit wonder I can't get out of my head) and now that sound brings chuckles and laughter that make my heart soar. I promise, I will never, ever take your sweet laughter for granted. Even when you're six and being naughty.
We've had little adventures this month: walking (and huffing and puffing) at the Dish, a picnic at the water temple, a visit to the school where I used to teach, a drive to Alameda to visit friends, a visit to Auntie Sarah and Tio Tato, walks downtown to the post office and farmers' market. It's been fun. You continue to be my sweetest little PIC (partner in crime). Life with you is lovely and simple (even when it feels complex) and just so fun.
We are blessed to have really good people in our life; people who both love you to pieces and support me in ways that I am so blessed by. One gift that I'm really proud to give you is the gift of really amazing, genuine people in your life. Family and friends who look into your eyes and feel happy to know you. Family and friends who are the real deal. Even doctors (and we've been seeing a lot of doctors) meet you and sense your good energy. One doctor even said she'd like to take you home, so smitten she was with you. I love the Maya Angelou quote that says “I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” You make people feel so good, Vivian. In turn, we treasure the people in our life who make us feel happy and hopeful and inspired.
Anyhow, my little schmoopie, I could go on and on about how fast time is going. But instead I will just say that I love you with every part of me. I love spending my days with you. You are the best parts of your dad and me, and in turn you bring out the best in us daily.
Family Easter Photos
With buckets of love that is movin' and groovin' and rockin' and rollin',Mom



5 comments:
You 3 are the cutest little family ever!
Happy Birthday Big Girl! XOXOXOXO
Happy 3/4 of a year Vivi... and happy anniversary also Hannah and Vince! :0)
Happy 8th month "mi camaron con cola"!!!
And Happy Anniversary H&V... this is the song we play to celebrate anniversaries...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0VUXLsBSjo
See you soon!
Happy Birthday Miss Vivian! So funny that you loved yourself in the mirror so much you were licking it...the teenager in my house loves herself in the mirror too-hopefully she does not lick her reflection though?! I wonder if you will be the same as a teen?! Can't believe eight months already!
Post a Comment