2.25.2008
Once
I was so, so thrilled that Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova won the Oscar for best song. Vivian and I went through a week or so in November where we listened to this song NON-STOP. Because it's just that kind of song. My favorite lyric:
Raise your hopeful voice/You had a choice/ You've made it now
And I loved what Marketa said in her acceptance speech:
And this song was written from a perspective of hope, and hope at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are.
If you haven't seen their movie Once put it in your Netflix queue, pronto! I think you'll love it.
Fun Fact: Glen Hansard was in the movie The Commitments, which I was obsessed with in high school. Well, mostly it was the soundtrack I was obsessed with. He's also lead singer of The Frames.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Wasnt Jon Stewart so kind to let Market back on the stage to have a chance and thank people? I have heard of the movie... but I had never heard the song. After seeing them perform- I was rooting for them, and so glad when they won! I swoon at the sound of Irish accents.. another singer worth swooning over: Damien Rice. Glen Hansard reminded me of him... Damien Rice and Amy Hannigan together= Glorious
I thought he looked familiar!!
whoops LISA hannigan... amy hannigan is from buffy the vampire slayer LOL. you will be amazed by lisa!
sarah, you've gotta see this movie--you'll love it. thanks for the hannigan reco-will go find some to listen to after i feed miss viv--who's waking up now!
Ang, yes, he is familiar--did you know he was so close to your heart?! Remember how we (along w/ Bridget) argued about which of the 3 backup singers in the movie the 3 of us would be? I think Bridget got to be the pretty one!
We just rent the movie yesterday... I hope it is really good :-)
Besos para "Camaron con Cola" ;-)
See you soon guys!
Post a Comment