2.23.2008

In Between Rain

Last week was busy in the way of doctors' appointments. Too many appointments. So, Vivian and I stuck around in Palo Alto one afternoon, and I showed her some of the places Vince and I used to love to go, since that was our old stomping ground. We ended up finding some sunshine on a bench in the park while I:
+ate frozen yogurt from Fraiche with apricots and walnuts (closest thing to Pinkberry in these parts--Vince surprised me with a trip here last summer when I was still pregnant and jonesing in a big way for Pinkberry--it has become quite an obsession);
+had a view of the church that was in one of my all-time favorite movies, Harold + Maude. One of my oldest friends got married here, too;
+told Vivian a little about what life was like when she was just a twinkle in our eyes.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vivian really likes the texture on the car seat strap. Have you ever heard of "taggie" blankets? - various ribbons sew onto the edge of blankets-I think Vivian would love one...add this to the list of goodies you would like to make for Miss Viv!! hee hee!

hannah m said...

Oh, I love the taggie blankets! Vivian received one as a gift (with her name on it!) and loves it. It's one of those brilliant ideas I wish I had thought of!...But it would be fun to make a homemade one, too! I'll add that to the crafty list, Joan!

greta ott said...

i love fro yo!!!
we are kinda addicted.

hannah m said...

Greta--do you have pinkberry fro yo down in san diego?

angie said...

i have to say harold and maude is one of the best movies - ever!