+ Play, play, play! Smile! Laugh!+ Drink hot chocolate from a bowl...One that is usually used for soup or cereal...But is so perfect for homemade hot cocoa. Mmmmmmm. Vivian loved watching me drink this. She kept smiling at me.
+ Read piles of books. Specifically, the World Snacks series by Amy Wilson Sanger. These beautiful books were a gift for Vivian from my aunt and uncle (with a note attached that said "So Vivian can start her own food blog!"). Our favorites are Hola Jalapeno and Mangia! Mangia!, but they are all absolutely delightful.
+ Work on an embroidery project for Miss Viv. Embroidery is my latest past time, as of December. I have no idea what I'm doing, but it sure is fun!

9 comments:
h+v:
the weather is quite similar down here. And I think I actually love it. And guess what, Malley has that shirt and I have that same bowl!! haha-
my latest joy, knitting toys...
xo, greta
greta--you have great taste :-) what can i say? please blog about your knitted toys! you are one of the most creative people i know!
Oh I never got a chance to look at those food books- what a Super Fun gift from Auntie Linda and Uncle Barry!! Ohh.. and I think I spot some colorful handmade finger puppets there too... do they eat sushi and dim sum when you are reading? :P hehe... id love to see your new craft projects too... rainy season is a great time to get crafty.
i thought you might like this:
http://www.velocityartanddesign.com/product.php?productid=17153&cat=0&manufacturerid=&page=1
what do you think? pretty lovely, huh?
much love to your family. seeing you do the mall and target my heart is so happy for you. those little things are so special with your precious one with you. more work of course, and more fun!
my link didn't work eek, sorry! go to velocityartandesign.com to the squirrel tray.
sarah- we are having so much fun with the puppets-- a post on those coming soon.
ami-LOVE the squirrel tray--I had seen that a couple months ago on some other site, but it was sold out. I am enjoying looking at everything on velocity...it's new to me and lovely! how is portland?
the blustery chill must be a stimulant of some kind because I have made a double batch of split pea soup, and yesterday a giant pot of chicken broth (complete with chicken feet because I am certain that is what makes the chicken soup so dee-licious in Mexico). So I am all set for future recipes... In addition, in anticipation of a rainy, stay- inside weekend, I stopped at Michael's and stocked up on crafty bits to inspire some projects.....I am really into 'birdies' these days...
hot chocolate in a bowl - heaven!
Portland is lovely and cold. Really cold. We're settling in. Thanks for asking!
Post a Comment