12.20.2007

Lucky

For thirty years, I have been lucky.

Lucky to be healthy. Lucky to have healthy family and friends.

Lucky to not know the sterile stench of the hospital.

I have been lucky to not have to learn how fragile life is. I knew it was, but I was never forced to learn that lesson by close, personal experience.

+++++++++

One dark day in September I was inconsolable; overwhelmed by what life had thrown our way. And Vince said to me "Hannah, I still feel lucky. We are so lucky Vivian's here." It was what I needed to hear.

+++++++++

Because we are. So lucky, so blessed.

6 comments:

Mindy and Tyler said...

Oh, Hannah - I've been thinking about you and Vivian and Vince all day. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Let the luck continue tomorrow with your sweet family!

Mindy and Tyler said...

I mean today - it's well past midnight.

Anonymous said...

And Vivian so lucky to have such wonderful parents. Thinking of you today!

angie said...

thinking of you, dear friend!

AmyK said...

We love you! You are a very lucky family to have each other and we are so thankful you let us have a peek into that magic every day! You're in our hearts and minds even more today - XOXOXOXO!

Heather G. said...

Oh, today's the day. I will anxiously await your update. You will be in my thoughts all day and always. Be strong Vivian. be strong mama and papa. I hope to see you soon.