12.13.2007

Amarillo






I can't get enough yellow lately. My skin is too pink to wear it well, so I've found myself admiring it in little spots where it's popped up around our house. The meyer lemon on the patio, Aunt Augusta's sugar cookies, the mid-century modern chair I just had to buy last spring, the planter pot, a mixing bowl, recipe box, a favorite snack and the duvet. Oh, the duvet...it was $10 at IKEA and I just couldn't say no. It makes me sooooo happy. Is great for photo shoots with that sweet little babe.

And this song, my 1995 anthem of sorts, coming back to me full circle:



"Bright as Yellow" by The Innocence Mission
And you live your life with your arms stretched out. Eye to eye when speaking. Enter rooms with great joy shouts, happy to be meeting.

3 comments:

angie said...

yellow has been and probably always be my most favorite of colors!

hannah m said...

Ang, I will forever link you & yellow together!

AmyK said...

Though it is not my absolute favorite, it has a special place in my heart as my Mom's all time favorite color - yellers.