11.27.2007

The Good Ol' Days

One of my favorite parts of Thanksgiving last week was that my mom laid out boxes of old family photos and our baby books. We all got to take a trip down memory lane together while the turkey finished cooking.

I haven't looked at any of my baby pictures since Vivi was born. So I looked at them with new eyes--the eyes of a mother. And that made the experience new. I looked at my little late-1970's self understanding the joy on the faces of the people who loved me most--my parents and grandma.

And then I looked around my parents' living room, thirty years later, and that joy was still there, but this time I was on the other side of it. One day Vivian will look at pictures of her little self and see the joy on the faces of the people who love her most.

Here are a few of my favorites:


Grandma Vivian, me & mom on bikes in Yosemite , top. Me (overalls, no shirt--it's a look!) in Yosemite with my mom & squirrels!, bottom. I think I was 2 years old here (right, Mom?).

My 3 year old birthday party with two girls I'm still friends with to this day. (Michele on left & Heather, right)

I LOVE this photo of my grandma Vivian windsurfing while we were on vacation in the OC. I remember watching my dad and her take lessons. Isn't she fabulous?!

4 comments:

AmyK said...

So much to say, but will limit it to - I LOVE YOUR GRANDMA VIVIAN! OK, I cannot stop...What a fabulous lady! I already loved that she danced on tables and now windsurfing, she's my kind of gal! Love her! What a wonderful woman Vivian was named after.

Jennie said...

You obviously come from a line of amazing women. You look alot like your mom from what I can see. Vivian is the next generation, what joy...

Michele said...

OMG your grandma was amazing!

I love that picture of the 3 of us.

angie said...

i'm loving all of these fun pictures!