11.18.2007

Early Morning Feeding

I love my life.

I woke up at 4 AM this morning to feed Vivian, and this was the thought that popped into my sleepy mind. At first I reacted with disbelief.

Why would I love my life? There are so many things I wish were going differently.

But I found myself smiling as I picked up my daughter and walked to the kitchen to warm her bottle. I do love my life. A beautiful baby. An adoring husband. Amazing family and friends.

And we sat on the couch, and through the ponderosa pines that bright star (a planet, maybe?) was shining again. So brightly. And I was reminded of a paper I wrote in college where I made the connection between beauty and optimism. And this feeling just washed over me: This is a beautiful life. Everything's going to be OK. I am so blessed.
{ from http://www.flickr.com/photos/sushv/872068262/}

3 comments:

angie said...

i want to read that paper on beauty and optimism!

Anonymous said...

Remember this night...and the optimism! I agree, everything will be alright! Have faith!

Anonymous said...

Hannah, I miss you so much. Thank you for sharing your life with the rest of us who don't get to see you enough.

Love,
Jessica