10.31.2007

Trick or Treat

Halloween Past...


Tarzan Vince, 2 years old

Halloween Future?


Gray Squirrel?

Halloween Present...

Vivian the Sea Turtle, 11 weeks

Why a sea turtle? Last Christmas Vince and I were in Maui for a week. One day we were snorkeling near Wailea and saw a sea turtle, then another. I was so excited--this was one thing I really wanted to see while in Hawaii for the first time. So graceful and peaceful. As we swam with the turtles, I wondered if I was pregnant. Less than a week later, we found out I was. Ever since then, I've associated sea turtles with Vivian. And that's why she's dressed as one for Halloween.

Just a twinkle in my eye...

5 comments:

angie said...

i love your little sea turtle! sooo cute!

Anonymous said...

the turtle costume is brilliant! did you make it yourself? i am intrigued... :)

AmyK said...

I don't think it is fair to Vince or Vivi that you don't have a pic of yourself from Halloween past :) I am so happy the sea turtle came to be!

Michele said...

SO cute!

hannah m said...

Karolina,

Yes...40 cents worth of felt, 50 cents worth of embroidery floss, very basic stitching skills, and I am carrying on the tradition of inexpensive, homemade costumes I grew up with! Though on a decidedly more simple scale than my mom or mother in law created for Vince & me as kids!