
Several weeks ago Vivian and I were sitting in the car in Trader Joe's parking lot while Vince did some shopping. I was reasonably entertained by the abundance of people watching in this parking lot-- lots of coming and going (I can't believe how many people still buy Charles Shaw wine by the case!). A mid-thirties looking guy came out with a single bag of groceries and got into the car directly across from me. He was wearing a shirt that said "Good Daddies are Hot." I smiled to myself, understanding just how true this sentiment is.
Vince rocks my world as a dad. When I was pregnant, I looked forward to seeing Vince become a father. But I wasn't prepared for just how amazing this transition would be. Every little detail of his daddy-ness sets my heart all-a-flutter. The way he holds Vivian so tenderly. The way he stares at her lovingly with a look of total contentment on his face. The way he speaks to her, so gently, and yet so completely "Vince." He calls her "Hot Rod" and "Chubs" (I told you, he's the King of Nicknames). Vince completely soars as a dad.
And while he's always been a great boyfriend and husband, I can honestly say I've never felt so close to Vince in all our twelve years. He carries me. He grounds me and sustains me. Without him, I would be lost in a fog, going to a really dark place. He keeps me in the light, focused and calm. He is tender and strong.
And so, I won't go as far as to buy the "Good Daddies are Hot" t-shirt for Vince (he has waaaay too many t-shirts already!), but I think about this sentiment often. My husband is an awesome daddy, and he's totally hot. Vivian and I are two lucky girls.
I love you, Vince. I wouldn't want to be on this journey with anyone but you. You are the best thing that's happened to Vivian and me. (And I hope I haven't embarrassed you too much!) -HM

5 comments:
I totally agree!
I will resist gushing about Vince and only want to say how lucky he is - and Vivian is, to have YOU in their lives!
Your loving, tender nature brings out the best in Vince!!
Awww! This is the cutest!
what a cute family! i just adore you!
I just have to add - this photo is priceless...
Oh Hannah, once again you bring tears to my eyes. You and Vince are two great people that make one great couple and now have one fabulous little girl ;)
Post a Comment