With a blip of elusive lake wifi, I wrote on Instagram a few days later that Vivian has been leading us on Pinecrest Lake adventures with her 'compass' and walking stick. I can't help but think that this has been her role since coming to this earth 7 years ago : she confidently and bravely leads us to places that may seem scary and foreign at first, but end up being right where we need to be : beautiful and heart stretching terrain where I am learning to walk bravely and confidently, too. Love you, my sweet Vivian.
The words that come to mind most often as I parent Vivian are "let her be who she is." I marvel at her innate curiosity and confidence and long to nurture those unique parts of who she is. She is plucky (that's a Pippi reference) and spunky (that's a Ramona reference) and keeps me on my toes. She is empathetic and imaginative and kind-hearted. So grateful she's the person who made me a mom.
.jpeg)


2 comments:
How did I know to check Benbo today?! I love this post and I love your spunky, adventurous, loving Vivian too!
This is a lovely post, Hannah. Vivian is precious. I love your poetic descriptions of fabulous Vivian. And the photos are both just too cool.
Love,
Erin
Post a Comment